Palit Steps Out With OC'ed Radeon HD 4870 X2

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,215
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Nov 5 2008 11:03 AM

Palit came across the wire this morning with a pretty spiffy looking new Radeon HD 4870 X2 card and apparently they threw everything in there but the kitchen sink.  Well, maybe the sink is in the bundle?  Regardless, this card looks well endowed with a factory overclock of 750MHz at its core and a 3800MHz DDR5 memory speed.  More details and a whole lot of PR hype can be found in the release here...

World’s Most Powerful Graphics Card – Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe

Today, Palit Multimedia demonstrates its leadership in the graphics market by introducing the world’s most powerful graphics card: Revolution 700 Deluxe! This is the first custom designed HD 4870 X2 to be introduced to the market. Unequivocally, the Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe is the most powerful single graphics card solution on the planet. With dual GPUs factory overclocked to 750 MHz, 2 GB of GDDR5 memory at 3,800 MHz the Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe delivers over 2.4 teraFLOPS of graphics horsepower from its 1,600 stream processors. All other cards beware, there is a new king in town and it only comes from Palit!

, the Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe equipped with dual premium GPUs to provide the ultimate in gaming performance. Pushing performance to live up to Palit’s high excellence standards, our engineers created a custom board, power management system and effective cooling system to ensure you have the very best graphics card.

Palit’s revolutionary air cooling system is equipped with two PWM fans and four heat-pipes to provide high performance, adjustable and dependable cooling. The two PWM fans are able to provide sufficient air flow to cool two graphics cores yet do it while doing it quietly. Both PWM fans adjust the fan speed depending on the GPU’s temperature or can be controlled by the user to run faster or slower depending on the performance desired.

As an additional first, Palit’s Revolution 700 Deluxe supports DisplayPort, HDMI, Dual-link DVI, and D-Sub (VGA). This allows any user to connect their existing monitor or display to the most advanced graphics card in the world.

This makes it the ultimate graphics solution for both gaming and home entertaining.

For years the other graphics card companies have been giving you "their" best. Now Palit gives you the highest performance, most features, and greatest culmination of technologies into a single card. This is what you should have expected all along and that is exactly what you will get from Palit. Play it, Tweak it, and get more out of it with Palit!

Editor's note:  Over-the-top claims of total world dominance can only be supported through proven HotHardware.com performance profiling via testing in our labs...

As the world’s first factory overclocked HD 4870 X2 solution
The Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe is equipped with only but the fastest and most advanced memory technologies. Delivering almost two times the memory bandwidth of the previous generation, the Palit Revolution 700 Deluxe has 2 GB of GDDR5 memory.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Wed, Nov 5 2008 12:01 PM

Good lord that thing is huge. Does it come with an adjustable leg or to to keep its weight and girth from breaking the pci express slot it plugs into? Im surprised it is a 3 slot design as people complain even about 2 slot designs. Guess you cant Xfire this in to many motherboards since it takes up so much room.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Not the most elegant solution, but deffinately a beast! Nice high end option from Palit... I have a feeling they will grow to become as well known & respected as the big players!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Wed, Nov 5 2008 1:35 PM

How many additional power connections does it need? Four, or five?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3 slots! That thing begs for a couple waterblocks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Wed, Nov 5 2008 1:53 PM

bob_on_the_cob:

3 slots! That thing begs for a couple waterblocks.

Couldn't do anything but help the noise.

I'm totally guessing about how loud it might be... but I suspect their target market might be people who live near airports?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

That is a beast no doubt! I,d like to try it out the noise would bother me I had a computer I overclocked and I kept the side off of it and used a fan off of a air hockey table to cool it.Not only was it a little loud but it put out so much air that I never had to clean the dust out of it cause it blew it right out of the case!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

amdcrankitup:

That is a beast no doubt! I,d like to try it out the noise would bother me I had a computer I overclocked and I kept the side off of it and used a fan off of a air hockey table to cool it.Not only was it a little loud but it put out so much air that I never had to clean the dust out of it cause it blew it right out of the case!

I used to take the side off my case and stick that side out the window and block it outside with a blanket for some overnight overclocking fun. I think we are all a little crazy.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 437
Points 6,450
jtm55 replied on Wed, Nov 5 2008 4:17 PM

Hi All

Wow! 3 PCI Slots, that card's a beast.

ASUS Z7S WS

EVGA 295 GTX

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 RAID 5

Intel Xeon E5420 Harpertown

HT Omega Claro

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX

mushkin 6GB 3 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Harmon Kardon HK 3490 W/ Energy RC 10

LG W3000H-Bn

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07

Plextor PX 755 SA

Windows 7 Ultimate

Areca ARC-1210

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Looks nice but I think my PCIE slot would beg for mercy coz its weight

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
Mupitt replied on Fri, Nov 7 2008 7:30 AM

Is this not the same as the Gainward model here - http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10350&Itemid=1

why would you pay more for the Gainward model, when you can get the Palit model which is exactly the same - after all, their made by the same people on the same production line -

very strange - or possibly the biggest rip off in history??

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

hmm... interesting.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

"very strange - or possibly the biggest rip off in history??"

No, just a common business practice, and if you think it's a ripoff, just know that Gainward/Palit certainly aren't the first nor the biggest perpetrators...

chevy/pontiac/buick/oldsmoblie/gmc

honda/acura

toyota/lexus

nissan/infinity

dodge/chrysler

volkswagen/audi

etc

etc

etc

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
Mupitt replied on Fri, Nov 7 2008 10:48 AM

Oh Dear... Hardly the same anologies are they

Unless your trying to whack into your system an Audi A4, and think to yourself, you know what balls to this, save me money i'll pop in a VW beetle instead..

These cards are exactly the same at different face values

You name me one performance car - which is is identical in shape or performance to a mass produced cheaper model -

Im afraid the corporate rip off machine has swallowed you up.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I have to agree with this - We are talking essentially a graphics card literally just with a different paint job yet with end prices being vastly different.

I am sorry but I can make a comparison on cars that gives me a clear value set that I can create a reasonable differentiation.

Facts are with this it will go INSIDE a PC chassis that infact you will not even be able to view the product or as to why on earth you paid more for one than the other.

YOU DO THE MATH

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Not really. Look at the backplane, if you want to keep all those connections and not risk damaging the card, the smallest it will ever be is a dual slot.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

knight3058:

Not really. Look at the backplane, if you want to keep all those connections and not risk damaging the card, the smallest it will ever be is a dual slot.

Yeah and you are still saving a slot compared to my 2 4870's.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

The tiny segment of the market that a card like this is marketed toward probably: A: Isn't concerned with price, B: Knows exactly what they want and C: Is willing to pay more just because they like the looks of 1 card over another even knowing they are technically the same.

~EDIT~

I would go so far as to label this product highend slash exotic and therefore it is less of a market segment and more finitely confined to a niche. I'd be shocked if the number of these type of cards sold even exceeds a 5 digit number.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

recoveringknowitall:

The tiny segment of the market that a card like this is marketed toward probably: A: Isn't concerned with price, B: Knows exactly what they want and C: Is willing to pay more just because they like the looks of 1 card over another even knowing they are technically the same.

~EDIT~

I would go so far as to label this product highend slash exotic and therefore it is less of a market segment and more finitely confined to a niche. I'd be shocked if the number of these type of cards sold even exceeds a 5 digit number.

I ordered 6 just to prove you wrong. lol. I have to agree. I'm sure they are not making them in large numbers either.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS