Laptop problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
wnf15 Posted: Mon, Oct 13 2008 4:44 AM

a  My sister has a Dell XPS M1530 Gaming Laptop , she says it cuts out frequently (the fan turns off and the screen goes black). I've never had this when I've used it although I have noticed the fan is noisy and the laptop gets very hot, it feels very warm on the keyboard. I've had a look at the fan and there doesn't seem to be much fluff so I'm thinking it's the fan and I'm tempted to replace it.
  My only concern is that it if the systemboard controls the fan it might actually be the system board that's faulty. Just after a second opinion really, anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

First off welcome to HH. Before you start ripping apart the lappy lets see if its overheating. Download GPUz and coretemp and take a look at what the temps are. Run something like prime95 to load the cpu and furmarks to load the graphics card. Let me know what the temps are or if it crashes running those programs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

What Bob said, also with some compressed air I would blow on the vents to get them cleared even If they seem partially blocked. Of course, do this with the laptop off.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS