Diamond Releases 1GB Radeon HD 4670

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,171
Points 1,185,690
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 7 2008 10:38 AM

High-End Graphics for Mainstream Consumers - Meet the first 1 Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4670 Graphics Card

CHATSWORTH, CA - Diamond Multimedia (www.diamondmm.com), a leading manufacturer of PC graphics cards, sound cards and communications products, launched today the ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. The 4600 series of cards boast up to 3 times the performance of the previous generation of GPUs.

The HD 4670 is a single slot card, PCIE 2.0, with 1024MB of DDR3 memory and a clock speed of 750 MHz. The memory speed is 900 MHz, designed with 320 stream processors.

The HD 4670 provides plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX upgradeability with up to quad-GPU support. Making it fast and efficient is ATI’s Power Play and 55nm processing technology.

The Radeon HD 4000 series of GPUs delivers their superlative visual performance with a powerful new TeraScale engine that delivers high resolutions and fast frame rates. Unified Video Decoder 2 frees up the CPU for other tasks, especially the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and now MPEG-2. Take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities. The ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series GPUs can upscale video display to 2560x1600 on dual-link monitors, which is almost twice the display resolution of 1080p displays. As with their predecessors, the Radeon 4000 series provides graphics support for the latest Microsoft DirectX 10.1 games and realistic 3D graphics and shading effects.

All Diamond video cards carry the Diamond guarantee of quality assurance. Unlike many cards that are simply first to market, Diamond carefully tests and retests every new model for its ratio of performance to reliability. Diamond is legendary in the PC video card business for its less than 1 percent return rate versus an industry average of approximately 10 percent. Diamond cards use superior connectors, cables and components, as well as undergo more thorough testing for heat susceptibility and durability.

Availability
Diamond Multimedia’s ATI Radeon HD 4670 will be available at Fry’s, Micro Center, Best Buy Canada, and Future Shop immediately. It will be available in E-commerce channels in the 3rd week of October.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

This is terrible I cant even afford to get a Geforce 8800 yet and would be thrilled to even get to the point of having one a 8800 or a 9800! Im not even close to the power curve of some here much less grasping the idea of owning a 1g. Radeon.I enjoy reading and seeing a lot of your post of the systems you,ve built or building the power and capabilities must be incrediable and dang sure fun! I,ll get their soon just have to be patient just have to piggyback of or some of you guys fun right now which is OK too!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

amdcrankitup:

This is terrible I cant even afford to get a Geforce 8800 yet and would be thrilled to even get to the point of having one a 8800 or a 9800! Im not even close to the power curve of some here much less grasping the idea of owning a 1g. Radeon.I enjoy reading and seeing a lot of your post of the systems you,ve built or building the power and capabilities must be incrediable and dang sure fun! I,ll get their soon just have to be patient just have to piggyback of or some of you guys fun right now which is OK too!!

Its all relative. I was happy as heck when I got my nvidia 5200 back in the day. My girlfreind thinks her 9600gt is the fastest thing ever. She wonders why I would want the 4870s. Then again a year ago when I gave her my 7600gs to replace her x550 she thought the same thing about that card. I always lust for more though. Maybe its a guy thing.

Ok back to the topic. I hate it when they give some mid to low range card some crazy amout of memory. MY 4870s only have 512mb. People that don't know see they need a card with 256mbs or whatever to run this or that game and think 1024mb that must be the best card.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,913
Points 24,635
digitaldd replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 9:52 AM

I think I prefer having half the RAM, but faster RAM on my videocards. what do you think..?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

digitaldd:

I think I prefer having half the RAM, but faster RAM on my videocards. what do you think..?

totally. THe 4670 is not fast enough to take advantage of that much ram. The 4870s however see a nice boost.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS