This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,818
Points 1,166,590
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Sep 19 2008 1:07 PM

Averatec Announces 10.2 Inch Netbook PC to US Market

Averatec's Buddy adds a new dimension to the companion PC Market

SANTA ANA, Calif., Sept. 19 -- Announced today, Trigem USA and its Averatec brand has formally entered the netbook personal computer market. Aptly named the Averatec Buddy, this new companion notebook is the best solution to fulfill the growing need for an ultra portable, daily use computer. The Averatec Buddy is the second offering based on the Intel Atom processor family. Featuring a generous keyboard for its diminutive size, the Buddy boasts 10.2" LCD screen and 160GB of storage memory.

The Averatec brand, predominantly known for its style conscious, innovative mobile products, has hit the right chord with the launch of this companion notebook product. "The timing and launch of Buddy is a welcomed addition for our customer base. Buddy as well as our all new 18.4" All-In-One desktop will clearly emphasize our commitment to our customers and our desire to be on the leading edge of these emerging computer trends," commented Darren Lee, Director of Marketing at Trigem USA. "It has been an exciting time for us, the scope and breadth of our product line really caters to what our market has been asking for," Lee further states.

The Averatec Buddy is the solution for those who are out and about. Buddy's overall size, weight and usable functionality make for a perfect travel companion for the road. Buddy features Windows XP Home Operating System plus Intel Atom processor (N270 1.6Ghz), 1GB of system memory, 160GB of storage, and built in WLAN.

The Averatec Buddy 10.2" netbook PC will be available at major online resellers and through Averatec online at http://www.shopaveratec.com. Pricing for the Averatec All-In-One PC products have an estimated MSRP of $449.99. Trigem USA's products are backed by a one-year limited warranty and one-year, toll-free technical support available Monday through Friday 8-5 PDT.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Fri, Sep 19 2008 3:42 PM

Averatec used to have some really nice AMD powered 12.1" laptops for around $600-700. An old girlfriend of mine had one and loved it. this might be very interesting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

I've been thinking of picking up a small netbook for lounging after work. I get off everyday and get online. It would be nice to do that in my chair not at my desk.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sat, Sep 20 2008 10:53 AM

bob_on_the_cob:
I get off everyday and get online. It would be nice to do that in my chair not at my desk.

TMI!!!!!

Im glad to see more companies in the netbook market.  More competition means lower prices and better quality for us consumers.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

get off workStick out tongue

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sat, Sep 20 2008 5:12 PM

bob_on_the_cob:

get off workStick out tongue

Whatever works for you man Stick out tongue

LOL i couldnt pass up another good jab.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Points 2,845
shanewu replied on Mon, Sep 22 2008 4:36 PM

Looks like another netbooks worth considering. I'm glad they went with the 10" instead of 9.

"Everyone always wants new things. Everybody likes new inventions, new technology. People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me, the choice is easy." - Michael Scott (The Office)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS