Super Talent Pico Gold 8GB USB Drive

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,846
Points 1,114,845
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Aug 30 2008 7:54 PM

There's simply no denying that many tech enthusiasts love all things small.  As of late, with the likes of products such as the Asus Eee PCLenovo ThinkPad X200, Dell Studio Hybrid and other small form-factor systems; thin, small and light is definitely "in" and has become a fad of sorts.  What is this obsession with small?  What ever happend to big, clunkly and overbearing?  You can't turn around these days without bumping into something that looks like it was designed to work best in Munchkin Land or Gary Coleman's gym bag.  Regardless, it seems Super Talent isn't about to give us manly men, who like big, nasty, in-your-face computer gear, a break from the current megatrend in all things tiny.

Just what you need to accompany that ultralight notebook or mini desktop -- the Super Talent Pico Gold series 8GB USB keychain drive emerges, for those of you that are so proud of getting your tiny on, that you want to dress it up in a little bling.  And we do mean a "little"...

While it's not exceptionally speedy, it does certainly pack a fair amount of storage (8GB) in a tiny footprint.  The ST Pico Gold, as you can see here, offers performance in the middle of the pack, when it comes to larger file transfers but it trails in smaller 32K, 256K and even 2MB file sizes.  On the flip-side, this drive might come in handy for those of you with a nautical affinity, with its clip-on keychain accessory and more importantly, this USB memory stick will endure being completely submerged in water or other liquid.  Fashionable, water-proof and of course, tiny -- Super Talent's new tiny Pico Gold 8GB USB drive can be yours for $32.99.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

At first I thought this was real gold. It would make a cool ubergeek necklace charm.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Sat, Aug 30 2008 10:03 PM
Yes it would it does look cool

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sat, Aug 30 2008 11:49 PM
Ah the perfect way to show your love, a gold plated tiny USB flash drive, complete with uber geek tools on the drive, a picture of some roses and a real diamond necklace. Every geek girls dream gift from their geeky guy...

anyways, id be afraid i would accidentally swallow it thinking it was a chicklet or something.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Sun, Aug 31 2008 12:09 AM

It is rather petite

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Drago:
Ah the perfect way to show your love, a gold plated tiny USB flash drive, complete with uber geek tools on the drive, a picture of some roses and a real diamond necklace. Every geek girls dream gift from their geeky guy...

anyways, id be afraid i would accidentally swallow it thinking it was a chicklet or something.

Jen has been hinting at jewelry for her b-day.Stick out tongue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Sun, Aug 31 2008 12:01 PM
My wife's birthday is coming up on 9/11. This years theme: "Knoppix is forever".

Hahah... she's gonna kill me.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Sun, Aug 31 2008 6:02 PM
Hope your couch is comfy...sounds like you might be on it after her bday

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

warlord:
Hope your couch is comfy...sounds like you might be on it after her bday

I have a super comfy chair in my living room. I almost like getting in trouble.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Sun, Aug 31 2008 6:26 PM

Not me heck na i like the nookie, besides the couch makes my back hurt Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS