rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,853
Points 1,115,165
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Aug 10 2008 2:55 PM

NEXT-GENERATION INTEL PC CHIPS TO CARRY INTEL CORE NAME

Intel Reveals More Larrabee Architecture DetailsSANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 11, 2008 – Intel Corporation announced today that desktop processors based on the company’s upcoming new microarchitecture (codenamed “Nehalem”) will be formally branded “Intel Core™ processor.” The first products in this new family of processors, including an “Extreme Edition” version, will carry an “i7” identifier and will be formally branded as “Intel Core i7 processor.” This is the first of several new identifiers to come as different products launch over the next year.

Products based on the new microarchitecture will deliver high performance and energy efficiency. This "best of both worlds" approach is expected to extend Intel’s processor leadership in future mobile, desktop and server market segments.

“The Core name is and will be our flagship PC processor brand going forward,” said Sean Maloney, Intel Corporation executive vice president and general manager, Sales and Marketing Group. “Expect Intel to focus even more marketing resources around that name and the Core i7 products starting now.”

The Intel Core processor brand name has gained broad awareness, preference, and market momentum over the past several years. The Intel Core name remains the logical choice for Intel’s latest family of processors. The Intel Core i7 processor brand logo will be available for high-performance desktop PCs with a separate black logo for Intel’s highest-end “Extreme Edition.” Intel will include processor model numbers to differentiate each chip.

Initial products based on this microarchitecture are expected to be in production in the fourth quarter of this year. These processors will feature Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, also known as simultaneous multi-threading, and are capable of handling eight software “threads” on four processor cores.

For more information and downloadable new Core i7 logos, please visit the Intel pressroom at the link included below.

Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Pretty cool looking logo. I like that better that core2duo dual core cpu label on computer boxes. Its kinda repetitive. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Sun, Aug 10 2008 9:32 PM

I have always felt like intel left there logos up to random 10yr olds. Cool and yet somehow a little goofy at the same time.Big Smile

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 53,895
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Aug 10 2008 9:59 PM

bob_on_the_cob:

Pretty cool looking logo. I like that better that core2duo dual core cpu label on computer boxes. Its kinda repetitive. 

Sorry Bob, I had to pull those images since they were copyright for that site but I did add our own press images to the post.  Wink  Thanks for contributions though!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Sorry my bad.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 53,895
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Aug 11 2008 12:00 AM
no sweat! :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Mon, Aug 11 2008 1:16 PM
This must be part of their larger marketing campaign: "Intel Core, say no more, Who's your friend?"

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Tue, Aug 12 2008 12:27 PM
Well now that they have the names down....hows about Intel ships a few off for testing?? I WANT SOME NUMBERS!!!! DAMIT (no I am not swearing) could then swiftly retaliate which perhaps a less-performing batch of CPUs but cheaper none-the-less

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS