Asus Eee Box B202 Video Spotlight

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,694
Points 1,156,740
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 4 2008 9:57 AM

Asus Eee Box B202 Desktop System EvaluationIn some respects, when we think about what the capabilities of a $299 desktop system should be like, we can't help but be impressed what Asus has achieved and the overall value of the Eee Box. What's more impressive though is the Eee Box's absolutely tiny form-factor and completely miserly power consumption. The original Eee PC notebook cultivated quite an enthusiastic following in the marketplace and we think the Eee Box is likely to as well.

Asus Eee Box B202 Video Spotlight

Our more detailed full review can be found here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Aug 5 2008 12:27 PM

This is the best Video spotlight yet Dave. It's great to actually see some of the results we have read. It adds a lot, for me, to the overall review. Keep these coming.

The monitor mount is a nice touch. One question though. I know this is a low power unit, but things like PCB's and hard drives generate heat. How warm to the touch did it get during use? And is that heat going to affect the monitor over time?

Low power. Compact. Decent performance for the money. I'll say it again. I think Asus has a winner here.

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Tue, Sep 2 2008 5:39 PM

This seems like it would be an excellent choice for one of those "carputers" Warlord was talking about.

That does bring up the same question as Necro asked though:  How hot did the thing get after a few hours of operation?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Tue, Sep 2 2008 6:13 PM

I had a chance to play with this exact unit last week and can say even while folding the unit remains respectfully cool.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Tue, Sep 2 2008 6:26 PM

Sweet!  Thanks for the info, warlord!

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

warlord:

I had a chance to play with this exact unit last week and can say even while folding the unit remains respectfully cool.

Cool! how many PPD?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,218
Points 18,720
warlord replied on Tue, Sep 2 2008 7:31 PM

I will check with its owner and see what the little box is putting out

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS