First Actual, In-Game Screenshots from id's Rage

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,696
Points 1,156,945
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 1 2008 3:38 PM

Just about a year ago, we posted a link to a trailer for id's upcoming first person shooter / driving game hybrid dubbed Rage. Since then few details regarding the game have been released other than it would be built around a new game engine called id Tech 5 and that Rage would be the first game developed completely in-house since Doom 3. But today, straight from QuakeCon 2008, id has released the first in-game screenshots from Rage...

Acutal In-Game Screenshots from id's upcoming game Rage

As you can see, the character models have a gory, yet lifelike look to them and the scenes feature excellent lighting, shadows, and Depth of Field effects. The character models are also highly detailed, with realistic looking fingers and appendages, which can't be said for many current titles.

There's still no word on an official release date (we have inquired for more information and are still awaiting an answer, but we fully expect that answer to be "when it's done"), and we are not sure which graphics card was used to take these screenshots, but so what! id's games are typically worth the wait; we're eagerly awaiting this title and hope it arrives sooner rather than later.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135
Looks great! can't wait to play. my two favorite types of games are shooters and racing games. Sounds like the best of both worlds!
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 636
Points 9,140
Dammm that looks nice.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Thanks to HH)

DFI Lanparty DK 790 FX

EVGA 8800 GT 512 mb

2 GB of G.Skill RAM

Not Ranked
Posts 62
Points 1,140
Almost hard to believe that shot on the right is in-game! Very nice.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510

Very nice indeed. I'll have to get this and give it it's day in court. It's sometimes still hard to believe how far games have come. I've been a gamer since I dropped my first quarter in a Space Invaders machine*. Any "old" jokes from you young 'uns here and you'll be forced to listen to Britney Spears tunes non stop for a week!

EDIT: I would like to point out that I hope game designers don't use "eye candy" to substite for good content. I could care less if a game looks good if it's no fun to play. I have an internet connection if I want to look at pretty stuff.

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 270
vhall replied on Sat, Aug 2 2008 10:52 PM
Enjoyed all the Doom releases since Doom.Remember playing at 3 or 4 in the morning even on work nights on a Pentium 90 computer.I'm sure to pick this one up too.
Doom 3 was pretty good, I wish they would lighten it up a bit though.It was a little too dark for my tastes.I don't mind the blood and gore but I'd
like to be able to see without a flashlight!

AMD 5000+Black Ed @3.0ghz  2gigs gskill  MSI MB  EVGA 8800GT Thermaltake 430w

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

The game looks good.  Can anyone else see those monsters on the left saying "Choc-oh-late" (Goonies).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

Very nice indeed... About time the games start picking it up

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner