Just a word about customer support

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 Posted: Tue, Jul 29 2008 6:54 PM

I have been fooling with hardware for 20 years. I have seen the good the bad and the very ugly in support. Recently, I lost the screws to re-attach my monitor to it's stand. I called Acer to see about buying replacements and they could not find a SKU for screws so they sent me a whole new stand and mounting bracket. Free. Thats right free. Bad part is when it got here. No screws. Doh! I called support back and they were at a loss. So the sent EVERY part to build a monitor except the panel itself. Every single part including another new stand. Still no screws! Double doh! I did find screws that would work at a local TV shop so I don't need them anymore. Despite the fact that I never got the screws, that is the best service I have ever gotten. It was a hard request it seems but they went far beyond the call of duty to help. And btw, my monitor is no longer even under warranty.  I never paid a dime for any of it. Not even shipping. Now thats good customer service.

I just thought I would share that because as consumers we have to all stick together so the good prosper and the bad go out of business.

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 10,995
RyuGTX replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 7:52 PM

What are you going to do with all the spare parts? Maybe you can buy a panel from Acer and get a 2nd monitor for cheap since they gave you the rest of the parts for free and you wouldn't have to pay them for labor.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

Thats pretty cool. Good to hear stuff like this as it might weigh on a decision next time I buy a monitor

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Tue, Jul 29 2008 8:54 PM

Yeah I thought about building another monitor. I also considered replacing the parts on this on as they look their age.

I would defineatly recomend Acer.

In this day and age support that good is rare and worthy of my business and money.

I used to carry a hammer in my computer tool kit. Just for fixing the packard Bells though.......

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Wed, Jul 30 2008 12:06 AM

Wow now thats straighter than a compass. I have been debating getting a new flat and looking over different ones. However you just sealed the deal for me! ACER it will be thanks :)

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Points 4,510
nECrO1967 replied on Wed, Jul 30 2008 12:22 PM

rapid1:

Wow now thats straighter than a compass. I have been debating getting a new flat and looking over different ones. However you just sealed the deal for me! ACER it will be thanks :)

Glad I could help. We gotta stick together. It's the only way support will get better. You can't go wrong with Acer's quality either. I love mine. I don't do graphics work, just play games so that might affect your decision as well.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS