Abit Responds To Nasty Rumors

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,380
Points 1,192,230
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, May 29 2008 3:16 PM

Abit May Be Exiting The Motherboard BusinessThe other day, Digitimes reported that Abit could possibly exit the motherboard market if the company's upcoming line of motherboards based on the Intel P45 chipset weren't successful.  It turns out, however, that Abit is still planning to stick around.  Today, we received this quote on the subject, from Thore Welling, Universal ABIT's Global Marketing Director...

“abit is a well established and strong brand within the enthusiast and high-end motherboard and components industry. In fact, particularly over the past 12 months we have been able to considerably increase market share not only in traditional markets such as Western Europe, but even stronger so in emerging markets such as East Asia as well as in the Middle East. Therefore, the broadening of our product lines into the Consumer Electronics (digital photo frames with integrated photo printer {FunFab} and MIDs) segment represents a stronger commitment to the overall brand and the continuation of our motherboard concept into other products. abit stays committed to motherboards and has a broad lineup of motherboards ready, as you will see in during Computex.”

And we thought EVERYTHING posted on the web was true.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 636
Points 9,140
SqUiD267 replied on Thu, May 29 2008 3:27 PM

Good to know.  I was wondering if Abit failed then Asus should take over as mobo in HH contests.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Thanks to HH)

DFI Lanparty DK 790 FX

EVGA 8800 GT 512 mb

2 GB of G.Skill RAM

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475
Good to hear would,nt seem natural for Abit to disappear!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,370
Points 20,925
ice_73 replied on Thu, May 29 2008 4:41 PM
honestly, no mother board compares to dfi for enthusiasts and overclockers. sorry asus, abit, etc....

:-) i always will love dfi. (unless they do an abit and diminish their quality... though abit has gone back up!)i had an a8n-sli, had problems... so i rmad and got the a8n32-sli. still had problems. got the dfi lan party expert, no problems, increased overclocks by 400 mhz and is rock stable, looks good and easy to setup. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

Whew, glad to hear it!  Stay classy, abit.

Hello

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS