This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,865
Points 1,172,220
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, May 27 2008 1:51 PM

ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS™ FOR NEXT-GEN CONSOLES
INVADES RETAIL STORES NATIONWIDE

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The alien invasion has begun with the announcement that id Software’s Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ published by Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system has shipped to retail stores nationwide. Set in the year 2065, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars pits the armies of Earth’s Global Defense Force (GDF) against the invading alien menace, the Strogg, in an all-out struggle for the fate of the planet. Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is slated to arrive on European and Australian store shelves on May 30, 2008.

“Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars raises the bar for next-gen console games with its variety and intense combat,” said Kevin Cloud, Executive Producer, id Software. “Whether you’re playing online with fifteen friends, or playing a single-player campaign against amazing AI, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars delivers a new level of team play and combat strategy to the PS3 and 360.”

Set within the expansive QUAKE® universe in the year 2065, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is the ultimate team and mission-based multiplayer warfare game offering console gamers distinct classes, vehicles and weapons to choose from, giving players countless ways to join the battle. Players work as a team to defeat the enemy and achieve objectives either online against other players or battle offline with surprisingly lifelike AI. Across multi-mission campaigns, players earn experience and promotions while stats are recorded globally for players to track their rank and prestige in the community at www.enemyterritory.com.

Based on the critically acclaimed game from id Software and Splash Damage for Windows® PC that has received over eighty awards and nominations, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars was developed for the Xbox 360 by Nerve Software.

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has been rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information about Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, please visit: www.enemyterritory.com.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435
Dang thats my game.Looks great looking forward to this!I guess Im going to get my New Rig built soon so I can play!

replied on Tue, May 27 2008 6:50 PM

This game has been out for a good while for the PC already. But people like myself were dissapointed. I was expecting Wolfenstein:ET with improvements. But it wasnt anything nearly and good as wolf:ET

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 45,870
ForumsAdministrator
MikeL_HH replied on Wed, May 28 2008 5:07 AM
I sorta agree with that. Don't get me wrong though, I do think it's a fantastic game. But it just seems like a combination of bad timing (released around same time as COD4) and poor choice of franchise to latch onto.

I don't mean the Quake theme, that works great, but they shouldn't have used the ET franchise. I was a huge ET:Wolf fan and IMHO, ET:Wolf was nothing like Quake Wars. The pace and feel is all wrong. The addition of vehicles probably has something to do with that but Quake Wars is like the Battlefield franchise in many ways. Wide-open expanses and no clear way to reach any objective... very free-form. It just doesn't have that franctic corridor-shooter feel that ET:Wolf did. There aren't very many choke-point situations in Quake Wars, or at least they aren't as frantic and crazy.

"My computer isn't slow, it's just being careful."

Join the Official HotHardware Folding Team!

replied on Wed, May 28 2008 11:32 AM

Yeh I agree, They took out the team aspect of it and put so much focus on vehicles that people can just spam. Thats what made wolf ET fun is the only thing standing between you and your objective were other soldiers and each class played their role. But this game just didnt do it for me. I actually think BF2 did it better years ago. The vehicles in QW dont even feel good when you drive them. All in all They can gripe about the slow sales of ET:QW and blame it on pirates but the truth is i just didnt think the game was worthy of my money. Same with epics pathetic attempt at UT3. Both games seemed designed for a console in mind.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,872
Points 64,370

I loved this game on the PC and I think thats where it will stay. I personally hate FPS's on a console.

Also, LC, when did you become an Admin? I never noticed that about you.... : ) You still got that kicka$$ intel or nvidia wallpaper you made sometime ago? I need it.

Intel E6850 * Patriot 4GB DDR 2 800 * EVGA 8800 Ultra * EVGA 680i Mobo "It's my...err...human nature to always want more!"- Myself Gamer Tags: X-Box 360 - Linus84 | PS3- Linus84 | Wii- 013014813390

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 636
Points 9,140
SqUiD267 replied on Wed, May 28 2008 3:16 PM

I think I'll try this game out and let you guys know how it went.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Thanks to HH)

DFI Lanparty DK 790 FX

EVGA 8800 GT 512 mb

2 GB of G.Skill RAM

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS