Gigabyte Does Spring Break In Taipei

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,733
Points 1,209,490
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 19 2008 7:22 AM

Gigabyte is so enthused by Intel's upcoming P45 chipset, it flew a multi-national crew of media from their respective home bases to its own headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan for two days of hands-on testing. During the event, Gigabyte gave us access to four SKUs based on P45 and an early look at a fifth extreme series board that will show off the P45’s flexibility in a $300+ package.

We’ll get the bad news out of the way first. Because Intel hasn’t yet launched the P45 chipset (Gigabyte predicted the official unveiling will take place at Computex during the first week of June), none of the benchmarks we ran were allowed to be published—nor should they be, since all of the P45 boards made available at the event were based on early PCB revisions, not-quite-complete BIOSes, and Eaglelake drivers loaded onto pre-configured Windows XP partitions. Not quite the controlled environment we’d normally use. The same story goes for overclocking results, though to be honest, what we saw wasn’t necessarily representative of what we’d hope to get out of shipping hardware anyway...

P45 Sneak Peek: Gigabyte Does Spring Break In Taipei

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,872
Points 64,370

Doesn't that always suck- get new equipment and toys and they just don't perform as good as you would like/hoped? When will you guys be able to post results? 

Intel E6850 * Patriot 4GB DDR 2 800 * EVGA 8800 Ultra * EVGA 680i Mobo "It's my...err...human nature to always want more!"- Myself Gamer Tags: X-Box 360 - Linus84 | PS3- Linus84 | Wii- 013014813390

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

Where is Computex having their show I would love to have a pss to go to one their shows maybe even score some toys.But it would be great to be around all the latest and greatest toys and hang out with the Big boys from Hot Hardware.

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 340
Softix replied on Sun, May 25 2008 4:17 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this product! I agree that all new hardware just doesn't perform as well as one may have hoped for! Saying this software is also the same! Just look at Vista! Make sure you put up these results!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS