Problem with a read/write access on USB flashdisk A-Data RB19

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
3xit Posted: Thu, May 15 2008 1:38 PM
I have a problem regarding this USB 2.0 flashdisk A-Data RB19, 4 GB (rubber sheath): http://www.adata.com.tw/adata_en/product_show.php?ProductNo=AR19ZZZOR After I had been trying to write a file on it (in OS Win XP SP2, build 2600) a strange disk failure occured having caused that I can neither read from it nor write on it ever since. The OS mounts (attaches) the flashdisk on, however, for some reason it just ignores all of my attempts to read from/write on it. Is it possible for the whole FAT filesystem to be damaged or is this a case just with a couple of damaged clusters ? It is not possible to format the flashdisk via the native OS Windows Format utility. I downloaded the special formatting utility designed to be used just with my flashdisk's model from the manufacturer's website but after having it run it returned (after a considerable time) the error message back having announced that no flashdisk was attached (although it was). I just hope it did not go off definitivelly :-/ In advance, thanks to anyone for your help !
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 636
Points 9,140
SqUiD267 replied on Mon, May 26 2008 6:20 AM

Welcome to HotHardware,I think your best option is to reformat.

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (Thanks to HH)

DFI Lanparty DK 790 FX

EVGA 8800 GT 512 mb

2 GB of G.Skill RAM

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS