Gentlemen, Start Your Thumbs: Blackberry Bold

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,835
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 12 2008 8:07 AM

The iPhone get all the headlines, but Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry device is still how the vast majority of business smartphone warriors roll. RIM announced yesterday their next generation smartphone; they call it the BlackBerry Bold.

The most striking feature of the Bold is its display. It runs at the same 320x480 resolution as the iPhone, but since the display is smaller, the screen seems even sharper. The user interface design takes advantage of this, replacing RIM’s traditional cartoonish icons with spare white images against a jet black background. Between the screen, an improved media player, and built-in stereo speakers (or a jack that accepts any standard 3.5 mm stereo headphone plug), it’s the first BlackBerry that I’d really want to use to watch video. There’s also a 2 megapixel camera. As has always been the case with BlackBerrys used with corporate servers, any of these features can be disabled by policy.

It's a 3G phone, and AT&T is the only carrier likely to be able to handle it by this summer when it's expected out. Expect to pay $300 to $400 for one. And don't forget to set aside a little extra dough to pay a chiropractor to work on you thumbs.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Mon, May 12 2008 11:14 AM
Wow, it actually looks pretty decent, too. Most BlackBerries I've seen look terrible.

><((((">Lev Astov

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

Some business people are absolutley obsessed with BlackBerry devices.  I expect this to sell very well.  However, I personally have no interest in one.

Hello

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 235
Points 3,045
higgamo replied on Mon, May 12 2008 7:43 PM

well if u can get different carriers for it alot of people will be happy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 24,255
digitaldd replied on Thu, May 15 2008 6:19 AM
I like the 88xx series units but the Bold with its 625mhz CPU and widescreen display should do video playback very well. I wonder what battery life is like..
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Fri, May 16 2008 11:19 AM

The curve and 88xx series are in fact nice phones. I wouldn't mind having one at all. Very user friendly........although  as digital said, that powerful of a phone will definately need an amped up battery to power it unless it requires charging every 15 hours 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 24,255
digitaldd replied on Tue, May 20 2008 5:46 AM

Maybe more often than even 15 hours, I could live with recharging each day when I get home.

A friend of mine has a Nokia N95 and she likes the camera on it so she uses it quite often. Also uses it as a media player. rarely gets more than 5-6hours out of a single battery. but according to her the bonus is she no longer needs a laptop, mp3 player or digital camera. Its just one device she carries now. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 20
damsmith replied on Tue, Oct 21 2008 5:45 AM

Yes, you are right. Blackberry Bold is most awaiting phone model of BB, because it has lots of function and good looking too that is why BB bold and Blackberry accessories are in demand. Browse http://www.fommy.co.uk/blackberry-accessories.htm for BB Bold acessories in detail.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

From what I have heard the BB Storm was suppose to be the big thing. The fact that the Bold would be limited to only at&t customers is a huge let down imo. Either way I have come to love my blackberry. Got me a curve about a month ago coming from a palm treo. It's like night and day. Now I see why so many people are so loyal to their Blackberry's. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS