better performance from a g.card

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
yorkie8971 Posted: Mon, May 5 2008 11:21 AM

hi,

i have a radeon x1300 graphics card,i have it all set up on basic settings through the ccc(control panel).I would to know which settings to use for best performance from this card,i dont have much knowledge on how to set it up or how to overclock,i tried ati tool a while ago but my pc just crashed so that kind of scared me out of overclocking,like i say i dont have any idea so is there an easy way to gain some performance from this card or if somebody could tell me how to use the ati tool better or even recommend a good easy to use overclocking software would be great. Its just the x1300 series(not pro) so im not sure if i can get any performance at all just thought i would ask.

thanks  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Points 32,040
Dev replied on Mon, May 5 2008 12:08 PM

I recommend this guide

-Dev

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 5,500

Thats probably a great guide to try. The most important thing to remember if you are going to oc is GO SLOWLY! Bump the core clock up a shade then test for stability, then bump the ram speed up a touch and test for stability, when everything is stable you can try to go higher. All boards are different, Some you will be able to oc the crap out of, and some will make only minor changes, if any at all. Good luck and have fun

This is my Sig. There are many like it but this one is mine.

OIIIIIIIIO

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

ok thanks for the help. after you have moved the sliders up a little then pressed search for artifacts how long do you let it search for? is there a stopping time or does it stop by itself thanks
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

i am using ati tray tools to overclock,under values there is bios gpu,bios memory,current gpu and current memory,when im moving up the sliders to increase speeds am i ok to set the current speeds higher than bios speeds or do i have to change bios too?

thanks 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 5,500

you don't have to make any changes in bios, jsut in ati tool. making the chages with ati too is making the changes. It has been a while since I've used it I think it stops stress testing after a few minutes, if it don't let it go for like ten mins or so, just to get an idea whether you clocks are stable or not. You will know, there will be major artifacting in the cube (do theyt still use the cube?), Once you get artifacting that is when it is time to pull back. Most guides will tell you to no more then 5 clock at a clip above where you began, test then go another five. Unless you are familliar with what the card can do that is how I would do it.

This is my Sig. There are many like it but this one is mine.

OIIIIIIIIO

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS