Windows XP SP3 Rollout Delayed by Glitch

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,849
Points 1,114,905
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 29 2008 12:06 PM

Oh, oh.  Stop downloading.  Although it appeared that Windows XP SP3 was set to go, we may have jumped the gun there.

The software maker said there is a "compatibility issue" between the XP service pack and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System, a retail chain management program for small and midsize businesses.

"In order to make sure customers have the best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP SP3 to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center," the company said in a statement.

Naturally, if you don't have RMS, you're good to go.  But aside from the links in our earlier story, and other sites, you won't be able - at least for now - to be able to download directly from Microsoft.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,232
Points 70,330

I installed sp3 yesterday on my laptop. Ive had some weird glitches with performance that I did not get an any of the RC builds. Also, it reset some of my application preferences back to windows media player. So upgraders from SP2 bewarned some things may change. 

Probably the best upgrade route to SP3 will be slipstreaming it into the CD and then installing

AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+| Asus M2N-E | XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB | 4 GB Crucial Ballisticx DDR2 800 | Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit | Hard Drives: 160GB (System) 250GB 320GB 750GB 120GB (external)
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,555

Seems to be expected as far as i'm concerned... always glitches and issues when microsoft releases (or is about to release) an OS or update. LAME! 

Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005
No surprise that there are problems. Hopefully they get fixed soon and no new ones are discovered so that SP3 can hit the masses (automatic update) this summer.

Hello

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS