Say Hello To NeweggMall

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,407
Points 1,192,800
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 22 2008 7:50 PM

Newegg certainly raised the bar when it came to computer component e-tailing, and it seems that they might be planning on challenging eBay and Amazon.com with their newest service: NeweggMall.

“Consumers can buy from the NeweggMall site, and products are drop-shipped from the reseller.   Newegg takes a portion of the revenue from the sale, which it justifies by handling the portal and logistics.  Depending on category, that portion can range from 6 to 15 percent, nearly identical to the revenue share structure at Amazon.com.” 

The site’s main layout page seems to be very similar to that of eBay which prompts one to wonder if the NeweggMall will eventually try to challenge the online auction giant.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 468
Points 7,045
AjayD replied on Tue, Apr 22 2008 11:36 PM
I hope this works out well for Newegg, because the more money they make, the cheaper they can afford to sell their merchandise for. I think they are going to have a tough time getting this site established though. I think they should have waited until they had more sellers and products to offer before opening this site up, even if it is a beta.

***** Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. *****

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

That's pretty great actually.  I would trust buying used components from someone who frequents Newegg than a random eBayer.  I always assume that people who shop Newegg build a lot of computers and take good care of their parts.  As long as they are honest with their overclocking, I would gladly buy used from a Newegger.  Although I guess there's no guarentee the person bought the product on Newegg anyway, especially if the site gets popular enough, but the placebo effect is good enough for me. 

Edit: I was thinking it was something individuals sold things on.  After checking the site, I'm not so sure anymore.  Even individuals sell things on Amazon.  Is that not possible here? 

Hello

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Wed, Apr 23 2008 7:52 AM
Awesome! I love newegg! So, I'm with Crisis Causer, here. It sounded like a user based thing at first, but upon looking at it, it looks more like an online strip-mall kind of thing. Either is acceptable, but it looks more like the latter now that I've read up on it a bit. I'll certainly shop there.

><((((">Lev Astov

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Wed, Apr 23 2008 6:27 PM

Crisis Causer:

That's pretty great actually.  I would trust buying used components from someone who frequents Newegg than a random eBayer.  I always assume that people who shop Newegg build a lot of computers and take good care of their parts.  As long as they are honest with their overclocking, I would gladly buy used from a Newegger.  Although I guess there's no guarentee the person bought the product on Newegg anyway, especially if the site gets popular enough, but the placebo effect is good enough for me. 

Edit: I was thinking it was something individuals sold things on.  After checking the site, I'm not so sure anymore.  Even individuals sell things on Amazon.  Is that not possible here? 

Seems like small companies are selling stuff here. Just like Amazon but without the individual sellers. At least none that I see.

If it was something like a person who frequents Neweggs and sold stuff here, I wouldn't trust all of them. Just looking at some of the product comments, not all of them know what they are talking about. 

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS