xfx 680i wiring trouble

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 Posted: Thu, Apr 10 2008 5:39 PM
Hey guys, I have a friend who purchase a xfx 680i mb and is having a few issues with some of the wiring. I looked at his quick reference booklet that came with his mb but couldn't find any answers for him so If anyone owns this mb some help would be appreciated.

1. There seems to be no headers for the internal speaker. I looked at the diagram but he's right it doesn't have anywhere to hook up the internal speaker that I can see. So can someone point us in the right direction.

2. For the pwrled wire it has a 3 pin connector but the header on the mb only has 2 pins for the pwrled. the problem is the 3 pin connector he says is wired in position 1 and 3 so does that mean he has to rewire the connector?

3. The MB comes with the speaker ports on the back panel there is no expansion card but there is a header for azalia hd and also another saying audio. There is also a fraudio header so I am assuming that is where the wires to his headphone and mic ports on the front of the case goes so what are the other 2 headers for?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,555

i'm not too sure I know the answer to those questions... but I have a eVGA 680i mobo and have used the support manual for it many times when i needed troubleshooting.

http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/122-CK-NF68.pdf

You start getting into motherboard layouts/components around pg. 62...

hope that helps.

Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

#2 is an easy fix i had to do itwith mine just remove the wire from spot3 and put in spot 2. It should come apart easy and then just slide in...  As for the speaker. Idont know

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,363
Points 48,690
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Fri, Apr 11 2008 9:27 AM

Hey Nelson,

1) There's an on-board speaker on the mobo, you don't need the case speaker, which is why there's no header.

2) Just cut the plug coming from the case in half so you have two separate wires, that's what I do.

3) The front panel audio header is right near one of the PCI slots and on-board speaker / buzzer.  i think it is labled fraudio.  The PDF Willard posted explains has all the info you need.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2008 12:43 PM

thanks for the help guys. I felt bad cause I convinced him to build his own computer and than when I didn't have an answer to those questions I felt bad.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

lol... O'well

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner