Now THAT Is A Raise

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,873
Points 1,172,965
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Apr 4 2008 6:44 PM

According to a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission Intel CEO Pault Otellini’s overall compensation packaged more than doubled from $5.9 million to $12.1 million last year. A 104% increase sounds good to us, and Intel’s stock ‘leaping ahead’ 33.6% probably sounded good to investors.

"Otellini's pay hike was the result of trying to bring his compensation package in line with those at peer companies, Intel said in the SEC filing. The bulk of the 2007 increase came from giving his total cash compensation a 91 percent jolt to $4.7 million, while his base pay received a 10 percent increase to $770,000."

In addition to the cash compensation and base pay being increased, Otellini was also given a long-term stock option award of 700,000 shares. Despite all the increases in his pay, the board over at Intel still feels Otellini’s pay is beneath the 65th percentile mark for comparable companies.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
That's good....I was worried that Otellini was having trouble affording his 10 yearly cars and 5 homes.

GIVE IT TO THE MEMBERS THAT DO THE BULK OF THE LABOR -- spread it out to the assembly line workers, lower management for doing their jobs well, the engineering teams etc....YOU DON'T NEED THAT MUCH MONEY!!!

Despite all the increases in his pay, the board over at Intel still feels Otellini’s pay is beneath the 65th percentile mark for comparable companies.

I would like to know what companies they are comparing to?? Again...who cares if your CEO isn't making the most of any CEO in the world. Should Intel maybe be a little more worried about how the company as a whole is doing as opposed to one man?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,555

ice91785:
GIVE IT TO THE MEMBERS THAT DO THE BULK OF THE LABOR

I gotta agree with you there... i'm pretty sure you can survive on 5 million dollars... don't think you'll go hungry.. don't understand why 12 million is a necessity... but hey.. isn't it comforting to know that his pay is just going to go UP! WOOT!

Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
The earnings of the ceo of Intel is a matter of relativity. Given that Intel had a net income profit of 7 billion dollars it not out of line. Hector Ruiz made 12.8 million in salary and compensation for 2007 when he lost the company about 4 billion dollars. Furthermore, Hector recently terminates almost 10% of his workforce while not offering to cut his pay. I am not too happy about anyone making 12 million but at least Paul has an argument he does produce.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,142
Points 14,910
frg1 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2008 3:35 PM

it seems like if he went down to 5 mil he wouldnt have to let go of as many people

Photobucket
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS