Motherboard for socket P Core 2 Duo T9300 CPU?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 24,275
digitaldd Posted: Fri, Apr 4 2008 7:07 AM

Ok folks I could use a little advice. I'm building a regular system using a mobile penryn cpu [I want to use a T9300 but will settle for a T8300 if i have to] anyone know of any motherboards that may support this chip? I was thinking of the MSI Fuzzy GM965  Mini-ITX mobo but I'm not sure if it will support this CPU out of the box. Anyone? the idea is to build an uber low power workhorse type machine I figure a 35W cpu with good performance is a great place to start.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,063
Points 10,760
Grahf replied on Wed, Apr 16 2008 11:47 PM

Pretty crappy MSI's websites doesn't have a list of processors the board supports. Here's some info for you though. If you're going to use it as a media PC I suggest maybe you check out a mobo using AMD's new 780G chipset. Does native HD playback so you don't need a workhorse CPU.

I beat the Internet... the end guy was hard

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 24,275
digitaldd replied on Thu, Apr 17 2008 6:14 AM

Thanks Grahf,  thats exactly where I'm stuck believe it or not I asked the folks at E-ITX.com for some help figuring out if they had the older or newer revision of the MSI Fuzzy board. I got a nice reply with a chart from MSI as to what CPUs are in testing and which have been verified the T8xxx & T9xxx chips are in the verification process. But that link toLogic Supplies blog is useful as thats a beta BIOS which does support the CPU.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS