Who Wants A Pink Vista/One Care Edition?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,357
Points 1,191,620
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:04 PM

When we heard about a Vista Home Premium upgrade edition bundled with OneCare stuffed into a box that looked like it belonged to Hello Kitty, we were naturally wondering if we ate some bad seafood.  Here's more:

“As a special promotion for the Japanese market, an upgrade version of Windows Vista Home Premium is bundled with a year’s subscription of Windows Live OneCare and a copy of a Vista tips and tricks book. If that deal isn’t sweet enough, then you better know it comes in a pink box with little flower petals plastered all over. Imagine checking out of the electronic store with a copy of Crysis in one hand, and this in the other.”

Memo to Apple: we're not entirely sure, but we think that there is could be the basis for the funniest “Hi, I'm a Mac” commercial ever.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 468
Points 7,045
AjayD replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:26 PM
Oo ooo I want one......NOT! This is definitely designed for the Japanese market. I don't think this package design would fly here in the US. If they are gonna go this far, why not just bundle it with a Barbie?

***** Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. *****

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,142
Points 14,910
frg1 replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 8:06 PM

this wont sell over here unless your a nine year old girl walking buy it at walmart

Photobucket
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Points 3,220
Wanna include a Barbie doll with her accessories in this bundled?
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 10:53 PM
As girly as it looks -- this is a very "eye-catching" color; it would grab your attention definately but I still feel most right minded people would not buy it based on "eye appeal"

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS