OS X 10.5.3 Details

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,185,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 28 2008 6:29 PM

For “the rest of us” here is a brief summary of the 2 dozen or so components that are being fixed or upgraded in the next Leopard build:

“Among those components in need of evaluation, people familiar with the matter tell AppleInsider, are AddressBook, AppleScript, Audio, Back To My Mac, Dashboard, the Dock, DVD Player, Finder, Graphics, iCal, Mail, Portable Home Directories, Printing, Rosetta, Spaces, Spotlight, Time Machine, and VoiceOver.”

While we can understand something like Rosetta requiring extensive and ongoing testing, we're still not quite sure about why DVD Player would need testing.  Being a rather simple application, we wonder if it's gaining new features or if Apple is looking to make it 100% bulletproof before possibly adding it to the next-generation Apple TV.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 11:04 PM
Interesting how Apple apparently listens to its buyers -- MS are you listening??

Our best buy is starting to do setups on new Macbooks so I am trying to familiarize myself with the programs and applications....they are fun to play on aside from ANY program install entitles the user to hit the "continue/next" button approximately 234523 times!

*Hitting continue will install, continue?* yes
*The program will install to xdirectory, continue?* yes
*Installation is about to begin, continue?* yes
*Installation is in progress...complete! Continue?* yes
*The program will now check for updates, continue?* yes
*checking for updates...found updates, download and continue?* yes

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS