Windows Home Server Still Corrupting

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,396
Points 1,192,640
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2008 6:51 PM

Microsoft's troubles don't all revolve around Vista.  In fact the Redmond firm's Windows Home Server has been corrupting user's data for  few months now with no end in sight.  Microsoft claimed to burning the midnight oil during the holiday season in order to resolve this issue.  So what are the results of all that burnt oil?

Two months have passed and the issue has not been resolved.  Instead, Microsoft conceded that the scope of the problem is much bigger than initially estimated.  Microsoft acknowledged numerous customer reports of corruption in the following programs, though it says it has thus far been unable to replicate them:
  • Apple iTunes
  • Zune Software
  • Photoshop Elements
  • WinAmp
  • Microsoft Office Excel
  • Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Visual Dataflex

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,917
Points 24,670
digitaldd replied on Mon, Feb 25 2008 6:45 AM

If it helps anyone out the problem only seems to occur when you edit files across the network and not when you work on the files locally and then overwrite the file on the network. probably has something to do with the fact that home Server is built on Server 2008 code. My guess is the vendors, including Microsoft will have to update their software to fix it once MS tells them how to do it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,602
Points 20,895
pcthuglife replied on Thu, Feb 28 2008 11:04 AM

Because who likes to edit files over the network? Pshh that sounds like madness to me. I only edit files that are safely and securely located on my local hard drive. I can't fault MS for this bug. Users should use some common sense. 

:P 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS