DVD+/-RW Drive Round-Up

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,305
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2007 4:38 PM

Just in case you're the type who likes to jump right down to the news, we’re writing to let you all know that we’ve just posted a new article here at HotHardware in which we evaluate the features, performance and overall value of three DVD+/-RW drives, the Asus DRW-2014L1T, the  Lite-On LH-20A1H, and finally the Plextor PX-810SA.  Each drive has a somewhat different feature set and rated speeds, but they’re all equipped with a SATA interface.  Click the link below and check them out...

DVD+/-RW Drive Round-Up: Plextor, Asus, Lite-On

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 150
Points 2,250
mazuki replied on Thu, Dec 20 2007 9:32 PM
though i am surprised to see the plextor outperform the others in writing.....i have the IDE version of this lite-on and it is wonderful, the noise isn't great, but i can handle it
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Great review !

Your quote on the Plextor's dimples

The top of the drive has an odd sort of dimpling, that may have something to do with stablilizing a disc from above.  If so, it is the only drive to have this kind of construction.

Those dimples are there to use the case as a heatsink to cool all the electronic components, various chips. Kenwood did the same with the X52 and X72. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,619
Points 55,175
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Dec 22 2007 12:10 AM
ahhh interesting factoid ther BigBam. Welcome to HH by the way! :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 160
higgielk replied on Sun, Dec 30 2007 9:41 PM

I recently purchased the Asus drive, and probably will return it for another.  It works, but doesn't seem to be able to read DVD+R DL disks.  I have tried TDK and Sony so far.  It received good reviews, but I fear I should have purchased the Lite-On.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS