Wal-Mart Warns Over Black Friday Websites

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,187
Points 1,186,095
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Oct 20 2007 4:23 PM
It's become a holiday tradition! That's to say, early postings of "Day After Thanksgiving" sales (also known as Black Friday), particularly with regards to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has warned that posters had better "watch out." As opposed to Santa looking for bad behavior, Wal-Mart will be looking.

Wal-Mart's lawyers have an early holiday message for Web sites that post Black Friday ads ahead of their official release date: Don't do it.

Wal-Mart Stores said on Friday that its lawyers have sent letters to the Web sites, saying publishing the ads before their official November 19 release date violates Wal-Mart's copyrights and other rights.

To police the web sites, Wal-Mart has outsourced the effort to China, where workers will be paid 10 cents per site they take down. No, not really, but it wouldn't surprise us.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 47,080
ForumsAdministrator

Wal-Mart is the Devil.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

How would that make them the devil? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 47,080
ForumsAdministrator

mentaldisorder:

How would that make them the devil? 

Short answer: Because they treat their employees so devilishly! Some eye-opening reading HERE and HERE.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
Brian_D replied on Thu, Oct 25 2007 8:14 AM
This is pretty much standard practices for a business that want's to be competative in the market. I'm sure before the Internet was huge, newspapers and TV stations were given the same warnings about their upcoming advertisements.

Walmart has fallen from being a company that everyone enjoys to what it really is.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should go look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65SsORdRO8

Go look for that documentary on Wal-Mart and tell me you wanna shop there again. Not only that, you would love to work for them.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

None of that surprises me in the least. Personally I prefer Target, they always have the latest PC games and they go on sale often!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS