This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,341
Points 48,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C Posted: Tue, Sep 4 2007 5:46 PM

Hello Everyone, 

We’re writing to let you all know that we’ve just posted a new article at HotHardware in which we evaluate the features, accessories, and performance of Hewlett Packard’s relatively affordable w2207 22" Widescreen LCD monitor.  Unlike most other 22” widescreens, the HP w2207 features a high-gloss BrightView screen coating for enhanced contrast and more vibrant colors and it’s also compatible with HP’s “easy clip” accessories.  Head on over to the site and check it out...

Article URL: http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/HP_w2207_22_Widescreen_Monitor

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,416
Points 46,585
ForumsAdministrator

Quoted from the article: although there is an issue with the glossiness allowing a bit of glare from rear-lit sources such as lamps or televisions that are distracting, especially with darker screens. 

I bet this thing would just SUCK in my bright, sunlit living room (like my old CRT monitor did). I have an LCD monitor now in that same living room that is of the low-gloss matte-finish type screen, and all of those nasty reflections are gone! I would never purchase one of these high-gloss screens unless I intended to use it exclusively in a darkened room.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,341
Points 48,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Wed, Sep 5 2007 8:52 PM

You'd probably be surprised, Super Dave.  With dark images on the high-gloss screens, glare can be a huge problem.  But with bright images and colors it's not all that bad.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS