Lost Password Can't Log Into Computer

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
shirleymc Posted: Wed, May 30 2007 1:42 AM
I have a EMachines Computer and I add a password protect in the control panel. but now i forgot what my password is. Even the description i add to it doesn't help at all. Is there a way I can remove the password so i can use the computer?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Wed, May 30 2007 11:24 AM
Boot up in safemode, and you should be able to log on as Administrator. By default the xp admin account normally isnt password protected which should allow you to get in and change your normal user password to something else so you can log on with that account again.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Wed, May 30 2007 12:48 PM
Unless you are running Windows Vista than its not so easy at all....I do however know that your local Geek Squad has a tool that can pull off your password

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
shirleymc replied on Wed, May 30 2007 4:59 PM
Drago-
i can't boot up in the safemood because my computer doesn't show for me to click on it. i can see the word and can click on the word safemood on my sister computer when the computer start running but not on mine. when i turn on my computer it says Boot Menu F10 and Bios Settings F2 and then it went black screen for a second and pops up Start Recovery F11. But when i click on F11, it ask me to insert a disk. though i don't have the disk. Because my brother lost the disk before he gave me his computer.

ice91785-
my computer is running window xp.

if there is no way i can recovery my computer without password protect, does store sell the cd recovery for EMachines? my brother has a cd computer recovery, but when i insert in it, it doesn't work. i test it out on my sister computer and it work. but when i insert in my computer it tells me to insert the right cd.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Wed, May 30 2007 6:19 PM
There is nothing to "click on" to boot up into safemode.....you just simply press F8 when you are booting up your computer -- after POST and before it actually starts to boot into windows.

Otherwise you can modify the boot .ini file within windows.....

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
shirleymc replied on Wed, May 30 2007 6:42 PM
Thank you so much for helping me out here! It work!.....Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

hi you say unless their running vista its hard I'm having the same problem but I'm running vista! How do I go about get the password ive tried safe mode and it doesnt work :S!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:05 AM

Follow the instructions at http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ to create an NT Offline Registry Editor bootdisk.

Just boot from it (it's actually a Linux kernel and some utilities), then follow the instructions to have it reset the Admin password in Windows.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS