GTS MX question ( prophet version )

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 599
Points 6,850
Macho-Module Posted: Sun, Aug 27 2000 7:57 PM
Just had a quick question. My bro stopped by comp usa to get me a GTS MX but they told him that people were returning it due to overheating problems with the herc model. Is this true or just some salesmen BS.

Another thing, my bro got me a Diamond Viper II Z200 for 150 bucks instead. Should I take this back as soon as possible? Is it worth 150? Help!
Without communication we have nothing.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 703
Points 6,800
Jarrett replied on Sun, Aug 27 2000 8:16 PM
Well, that's not entirely untrue Macho, I've heard from ppl that the ASUS v7100 GF2 MX (that the name?), overheats a lot I haven't heard anything about the 3D Prophet GF2 MX version overheating, but it might be true since the ASUS product has overheated.

That's the Savage 4 based card right?
It's a decent card, aren't they all?

But, it's just a decent card, that's all.
It does however, have support for FXT1 compression for large(r) textures that are higher quality (eg, Unreal Tournament).

Is that $150 US or CDN?

So, you might consider a different video card now...?
Do you have a price range or any money concerns?
What are your computer specs like?
(mobo, cpu, ram) mainly

You decide! Are you looking for the fastest damn card on the market, the best image quality that you can get, stability/compatibility, features for DX8 and other grFX enhancing features...?

[This message has been edited by Jarrett (edited 08-27-2000).]
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 703
Points 6,800
Jarrett replied on Sun, Aug 27 2000 9:58 PM
That's it!
S3TC texture compression

I forgot what UT used on the 2nd cd.
THnx Davo, for clearing that up
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 599
Points 6,850
Thanx people. This piece of junk card is going back to the store ( too bad I only get 130 of the 150 us dollars i spent on it ).

I wanted that card but my damn brother picked the Diamond and said "dont listen to those punks on hothardware. it's better than your stupid MX anyday". Yeah right! No games run on it. Thief has glitches that annoy you to death, unreal looks way better on the MX, every character in vampire has your guys shadow under them ( very annoying! ), gabriel knight moves sooooo slow when panning the camera around, and theres soooo much more to tell you. It was getting buggy on its own demos ( usually optimized for the manufacturers card more than others ).

I now realize why I have avoided this company for so long. They make cards like compaq makes computers. They build them cheap, dont back them up with drivers/support, and you're left alone with a piece of junk and nothing to do but spend more money.

S3 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Compaq SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the Diamond Viper II REALLY SUX!!!!!!!!!!
Without communication we have nothing.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS