Logitech Debuts “Tunable” Proteus Core Gaming Mouse

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,420
Points 1,193,075
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:12 AM
We love a good gaming mouse around here, and Logitech unveiled a doozy with the G502 Proteus Core, which is designed to let you tune the mouse to your preferred weight, balance, tracking speed, and more--as well as a given gaming surface “unique physical and reflective characteristics”.

Logitech Proteus Core gaming mouse

There are a series of 3.6g weights, 11 programmable buttons, a quick scroll wheel, 3 onboard profiles, mechanical microswitches, and a 1-millisecond report rate. It sports a Delta Zero sensor with a DPI range of 200-12,000.

The Logitech Proteus Core Gaming Mouse will be available this month for $79.99 with a 3-year warranty.
  • | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Dunno??? Different shape. Looks uncomfortable.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
MarkBruce replied on Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:54 AM

I'm getting 1

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

This mouse reminds of me of Tron Legacy with he color schemes I mean

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 760
HanyangXu replied on Wed, Apr 16 2014 3:56 PM

There's nothing too special about all of these features really. And I'm sick of manufactures cramming DPI numbers into a mouse.

Unless you're working on a 4k monitor with a microscope, there's no reason to ever go beyond 4-5000 DPI.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

12000 dpi? Are you f****g serious?! The ergonomics look good, but the retarded sensor has me sticking with my SteelSeries Rival until other manufacturers start realizing that dpi and overclocked sensors are the biggest gimmicks in the mouse industry.

Not Ranked
Posts 87
Points 780

I wish it was like the Performance Mouse MX and just be subdued. I want to find out who decides on making these things flamboyant the way they are yet be otherwise great products.

How can the same company has designers that makes AMAZING professional products such as their K8xx keyboards, the legendary Performance MX, their equally legendary presenters, then make a mouse that unnecessary screams for attention?

Why not just be all black, with MAYBE a silver or clear accents used? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,695
Points 104,425
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:16 PM

KevinLozandier:
Why not just be all black, with MAYBE a silver or clear accents used? 

Lots of people like all of that bling.

It sells.

I just won a Mad Catz RATT 9 Wireless Mouse in a contest, and I swear, it ~looks~ like it could eat your hand if you touch it,............but it's surprisingly comfortable and smooth as silk. Everything is customizable on it too. Awesome mouse, but very gaudy too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 110
RYF replied on Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:47 AM

Very nice looking gaming mouse, Logitech has raise the bar with this one Tunable” Proteus Core Gaming Mouse.

Not Ranked
Posts 87
Points 780

I guess, less is more. Just like you wouldn't wear a shirt with the name of the place all over the place, I think it should be the same for mouses or any high-end gadget.

The overall design of the mouse--the shape, how it feels, how responsive it is--should speak for itself.

Congrats on winning that mouse. It's doesn't seem too in your face to say "Hey, I"m a Mad Catz mouse"...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,695
Points 104,425
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:26 AM

KevinLozandier:
Congrats on winning that mouse.

Thanks Kevin,.....I like it, especially for the price of free.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS