Nokia Lumia Icon Review: Verizon's Windows Phone 8 Flagship

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,595
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 3 2014 12:43 PM

Nokia Lumia Icon Review: Verizon's WP8 FlagshipIf you want the latest and greatest Nokia-built Windows Phone phone, and you’re an AT&T customer, the Lumia 1520 is a beast of a smartphone, but it’s not available to Verizon customers. Instead, Verizon offers the newer, and arguably more refined, Nokia Lumia Icon, which has nearly all of the same internal specifications as the 1520, but with a few key differences.

The most obvious difference is the size; the 5-inch Lumia Icon is a sizeable smartphone whereas at 6 inches, the Lumia 1520 falls squarely into the phablet category. Otherwise, under the hood the two devices are quite similar--they are both powered by the same SoC, have similar amounts of RAM, and feature the same base OS...

Nokia Lumia Icon Review: Verizon's Windows Phone 8 Flagship

• | Post Points: 125
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 353
Points 3,880
StaticFX replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 12:56 PM

i think if i were to drop/leave the iphone.. i would go to the windows phone. I think the live tiles are really a good idea. and they just look cool lol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 431
Points 3,295

What's extravagant about this phone is that if you compare it to a iphone 5S/Any newer model by sound and video man it wipes it out the face of the world! its that good

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,044
Points 9,705
sevags replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 2:24 PM

Isn't the new Lumia 930 the flagship phone, not the icon? But the icon is available in the US but no word on the 930.. They are both very amazing phones but the 930 at the least has better build materials.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 579
Points 4,720

930 is new flagship yes. The nokia 1530 i believe is not the first phone for gaming.

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 120

Nokia Lumia 930 : Lumia Icon look-alike for the rest of the world

Not Ranked
Posts 86
Points 940
RMD replied on Fri, Apr 4 2014 11:18 AM

I would love to try one of the high end Windows Phones but Sprint doesn't carry any but one that I couldn't try. Every other phone was on display to get the feel of it except the Samsung WP which was in a non-accessible display case. Even the flip phones were out!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
ohm8vr replied on Fri, Apr 4 2014 8:40 PM

this phone is really nice. i'm not on the market for a new phone, but, if i was i would really get this phone. looks like windows 8.1 is better now too and the nokia apps look interesting. the only thing that will stop me (if i was on the market for a new phone) are the verizon logos emblazoned on both sides of the phone. is it a law or something to have verizon's logo on the phone? and on both side? if so, couldn't they just put one on the back and leave the front of the phone free of their logo? their name hardly even fits on the front of the phone as is. plus, verizon didn't make the phone. it's a phone carrier. it's not even a nice logo? what is up with that?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Where iphone 5 or 5s on that chart?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 353
Points 3,880
StaticFX replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 12:03 AM

ohm8vr:

this phone is really nice. i'm not on the market for a new phone, but, if i was i would really get this phone. looks like windows 8.1 is better now too and the nokia apps look interesting. the only thing that will stop me (if i was on the market for a new phone) are the verizon logos emblazoned on both sides of the phone. is it a law or something to have verizon's logo on the phone? and on both side? if so, couldn't they just put one on the back and leave the front of the phone free of their logo? their name hardly even fits on the front of the phone as is. plus, verizon didn't make the phone. it's a phone carrier. it's not even a nice logo? what is up with that?

im pretty sure that almost all phones that arent apple have the vzw logo somewhere... yeah kinda lame.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS