Temporary Xbox One Titanfall Bundle Price Cut Levels The Playing Field With PlayStation 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,220
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:44 AM
Without getting into a long-winded debate about the hardware and platform differences between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the main advantage Sony's console has over Microsoft's is that it's a $100 less expensive at $399 versus $499. Of course, the Xbox One comes with a second generation Kinect motion controller, so while the price difference isn't an arbitrary one, it's a forced purchase since you can't buy the console sans Kinect. That said, a temporary price drop just took away the PS4's cost advantage, at least in part.

At present, both Best Buy and Walmart are selling the Xbox One on sale for $449, which is $50 below it's normal price. Even better, the price cut also applies to the Xbox One with Titanfall bundle. That's a $60 value, and if that's a game you planned to pick up regardless, it not only wipes out the PS4's price advantage, it undercuts it by $10. On the flip side, if you don't care about Titanfall, then the PS4 still comes out ahead in price, albeit by $50 instead of $100.

Xbox One Titanfall

In any event, this isn't a permanent price cut, nor is it being adopted by all retailers (GameStop and Amazon both have it marked at $499). The folks at Polygon reached out to Microsoft for clarification on the matter and were told that "it sets a suggested retail price, but specific pricing and offers vary by retailers."

The bottom line here is that you can save $50 off the cost of an Xbox One from a limited at Best Buy and Walmart, including the Titanfall bundle. We don't know how long the discount will last.
  • | Post Points: 185
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

This article just made things tuff on what to pick I was full force for getting a ps4 but after seeing the Titanfall background and the reduce price im 50/50 now >.<

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 80
Jordan replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:17 PM

I still don't think this levels the playing field. PS4 is just so far ahead in customer appeal after the fiasco of X-box watching you that a few bucks won't help.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

Ps4 does have the peoples vote in majority...I just want a console that has very good playable graphics and has the best line ups like this xbox exclusive for example

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 170
***olt replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:47 PM

ps4 has plays games better, on ps4 you will get more variety of games including more indy titles. if you want a console to play the most games at the best quality you want a ps4, if you want a console where you can switch to a youtube video while your waiting to respawn, or instantly go from game to tv, you want an xbox one. i know 3 people in my immediate circle that were waiting to buy a ps4 but just couldnt find one in stock so they bought an xbox one by default. when will these companies learn that not everyoen is ganna preorder. sony lost a lot of money by simply not having enough units ship

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:51 PM

I'm fairly disenchanted with this new generation of consoles. I built my first PC several months ago, and I feel deprived when I go back to the Xbox.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 75

It might temporarily "level the playing field" price wise but the Xbox One wont be able to make up for the power it lacks compared to the PS4.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
SeanVzd replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:02 PM

I still dont think I will buy an Xbox One. I hear nothing but bad things about it. Although I dont plan on getting the PS4 either. To suggest that simply by lowering the price will "level the playing field" is a joke.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Points 970
Jason replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:30 PM

PC is the way to go for gaming, But I think to One is good all around entertainment machine plus I kinda have to buy it seeing at it's still the exclusive platform for Halo lol

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

PC is the Monster of gaming it takes one to make a console after all xD

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 75

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The difference between both are so insignificantly close to one another, it makes absolutely no difference in practical applications.

Play both side by side and you will not see any difference.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 75

You're still talking as if the consoles aren't out and things haven't proven to be so. Here's a nice article with a video made by AMD at the end that you should be able to understand: http://www.gamechup.com/amd-explains-the-difference-between-gddr5-and-ddr3-ram/

And that's not even mentioning how the PS4 has a unified GPU/CPU which means developers can explore new methods of graphic development as explained by the Senior Engine Programmer at Techland here: http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-4-is-a-truly-fantastic-piece-of-hardware-says-techland-dev

You should really do more research before trying to tell someone they don't know what they're talking about because it makes you look like a buffoon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 1,005

nice that they did that but sadly i can only afford one and since i still have a xbox 360 id have to go with the ps4 but only if i could spend that much on a console...lol

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS