Shortcuts

New design for webpage

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 160
JustinFern Posted: Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:26 AM

Listen Guys I'm a huge person when it come to fancy pancy webpages and yours is simple I like it, but you can give it an upgrade. Your names HOT Hardware right so put circuits on the sides of the webpage not gray flat and meaningless. But if you guys have a better idea share it here. see yaa!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

A different layout on the page would be nice great idea!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,295

I disagree.  The website design is simple and allows you to get the information you want quickly.

Adding circuit boards has been done to death.  It is too busy and it doesn't convey information.  It's just a graphic.  What I want is actual news.  If I want a picture of a circuit board, I'll just go get it from Google images.

I prefer a clean website, with easy navigation.  It doesn't have to look like the product or news to which you cater.

But if you feel otherwise, go ahead and make a quick mockup in photoshop (or similar) of what you think the website should look like.

I think User Experience is quite important and it's fun to see others' designs.  I'd love to see what you can come up with.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

Yeah easy navigation and news is main priority but if adding bolts of lightning along the size and a extra knick knack of color variations or 2 to attract newcomers should not be a disappointment

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,295

I actually prefer simplicity.  White space is beautiful.  Lightning bolts look cool, but they are distracting.  I don't want them on a clean, professional website.

Think about Apple's design.  Apple has a clean, uniform, simple look.  There is no distractions.  They work REALLY hard to make everything as simple as possible.  And I'm not an Apple fan.  But you can see they know about presentation.

If I were to design this website, I think I'd actually cut a few things out.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

yeah I can agree

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
Pengwan replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:28 PM

Yah, but it would be pretty cool for the website to change just a little bit though. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
Pengwan replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:31 PM

I agree with this I think. The website should be easier to navigate. Like with different articles, news, or event the forums. And have a section for the giveaways, because there is a giveaway that  is going on and I wouldn't have known unless I have followed EVGA on twitter. I agree that it should be more welcoming to newcomers especially!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 765

I think the website needs an update that adds more value than adding circuits on the sides. 

The site ideally would be a true responsive web site and have a bit more flexibility of how things are rendered as far as text. Being able to increase the size of the text dynamically reverse the color of the text and background (like white on black) would be awesome.

Not Ranked
Posts 36
Points 440
Bigbadwolf replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:13 PM

I like the site just the way it is. I can find everything I need and a fancy site will just use up more ram, Firefox on my system is using 194,860 of it now.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 227
Points 2,055
Ben replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:49 AM

It's a bit out-dated looking, but circuit boards are definitely not the answer.

Causing a reaction is not the same thing as saying something significant.  - Bill Watterson

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 227
Points 2,055
Ben replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 12:12 PM

Maybe something like this? Not a drastic change from the current wireframe, responsive ready and more mobile friendly.  I'd do away with the twitter feed widget and keep it clean.  Less distraction from the ads and content.  Keep share buttons on every article though.  Full Version Here

Causing a reaction is not the same thing as saying something significant.  - Bill Watterson

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 353
Points 2,465
Tom replied on Thu, Aug 7 2014 2:56 PM

Not really sure if there should be a change, I've become accustomed to the current design. Might mess me up if there is a change.

PC gaming FTW! Can't wait for The Witcher 3.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50

Easy navigation and news are important ,but i would like a little bit special things on website

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS