Windows Phone 8.1 Rumored To Be On Tap For New "Huron" Samsung Phone

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,166
Points 1,185,560
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:34 AM

The rumormill surrounding Microsoft's upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 release has been at full power for a couple of weeks, and now, we get our first glimpse at Samsung's accompanying offering - assuming that this leak is accurate.

As seen in the shot below, the phone, dubbed "Huron", looks nearly identical to Samsung's Galaxy S4. The biggest difference, of course, is that the bottom button is branded with a Windows logo. While some might not like the idea of a Windows phone looking like an Android phone, I tend to appreciate the styling here more than what we've seen from Nokia's Lumia line.

As we reported yesterday, Samsung will be holding an "Unpacked5" event in Barcelona later this month, and there, it's expected that the Galaxy S5 will be revealed. With this freshly-leaked image, the potential is there for this particular model to also be unveiled, though it's not guaranteed. At this point, Windows Phone 8.1's release date isn't known, so if it's still a ways out, Samsung might hold off.

With Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft is hoping to reinvigorate the WP ecosystem, and I think if proven phone designs like this are involved, it could bode quite well for the OS' future.

• | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 525

There's also a rumor that keeps popping up about Samsung having 2 versions of their next Galaxy phone. Maybe this is what it's all about. Maybe we'll see the new flagship with a "pick your poison" OS ...which would make for interesting benchmarks if the hardware is identical. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 260
OOs replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:16 PM

Very nice !

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,588
Points 54,895
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:19 PM

If Microsoft is able to crack back into Samsung with a big release high end phone, it could do wonders for their market share.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Points 670
ECouts replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:39 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo! T_T Will we ever escape this madness?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 514
Points 4,140

Nice, would be awesome if you could pick your own OS with the top of the line Samsung. I have the Samsung ativ s and my wife has the SG4. I love the SG4 however i love the windows OS much better then the Android.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 73
Points 780
basroil replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:52 PM

I've used Android exclusively since it came out, but I would wipe my phone the minute they let you upgrade to WP8. Shame MS hasn't bothered getting rid of the windows button, if they changed that in 8.1 and worked with partners we could have amazing mixes like Xperia Z1 WP8 or Galaxy S4 WP8

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

If Galaxy W hits the market, it's probably a bad sign for Nokia. Samsung always wins the race, whereas Nokia always seems like “Planning to Beat Rivals’ Butts”. Samsung would release a WP phone under reasonable price. 

http://www.hotappsntech.com/whats-best-windows-phone-8-android-os/

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of jammer video as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 348
Points 3,825

LeeanneFejes:

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of jammer video as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

lol what did I just read!???

anyway.. this is huge news. I wonder if its because windows is now free for any device below 7"? 9"? dont remember... so any company that wants to .. doesnt have to pay MS to put it on their phone. Great move by MS to get some of the market share.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS