Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,171
Points 1,185,750
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Dec 2 2013 11:04 AM
Just over a year ago, Samsung broadened its Note portfolio to not only include phones, but tablets as well. The company saw a need to introduce a slate that catered to working professionals, power users, and those who need more content creation capabilities -- hence, the  Galaxy Note 10.1 with the S Pen was born. In the ever-challenging world of product naming and differentiation, Samsung decided on quite the mouthful for the Note 10.1's successor. The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is perhaps awkwardly named, but it's shipping in a market where work-capable tablets are certainly generating a lot of buzz.

On paper, there's no reason to doubt the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition's power with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 SoC at the heart of the device. Android 4.3 is on-board and Samsung has tossed a heavy coat of its own TouchWiz interface on there in order to best take advantage of the included stylus; pardon us, S Pen. To date, no tablet maker has completely nailed the concept of a work-capable slate. Is the Note 10.1 2014 Edition the one to do it? We'll discuss precisely that in the pages ahead.
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 73
Points 780
basroil replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 2:45 AM

Looks like the software just isn't up to par. If they had made a 10.1RT, it might have been a killer device.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Speaking of "not up to par", are you really recommending Windows RT? The failed tablet OS that nobody wants? The one that was pulled from store shelves almost as quickly as the MIcrosoft Kin phone?? As nearly every tech site in the world has already stated, there is no compelling reason for a consumer to choose a Windows RT tablet over the more-mature and more-secure offerings running Android and iOS. Plus, the app ecosystem of Windows RT is laughably sad, not even in the same league as Android and iOS.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 2,135
SmogHog replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 10:31 PM

Android tablets have 60.8% of 2013 market share.

http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24461613

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75

Absolutely gorgeous. The stylus pen makes it that much better.

Overall.........I want it!!!!!!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75

I love it 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
DC7 replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 5:06 PM

So does Digital Compass mean GPS?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

get the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. It is sooooo much better than the nexus 10 or nexus 7 which I also had. I play highend games, read comics and books and also used to draw and paint and I love it. Bloatware and lag? No lag that I can see and I thrash that machine. The bloatware makes this machine so much more user friendly than the nexus 10 and 7. It's the little things you don't even think about that make the samsung tablet much more fun to use.

Can't praise it enough, more than met my expectations which were very high because I had been researching every tablet for the last six months

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
siju replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 2:00 AM

20140208 – My fried shaji is planning to buy a new phone. I told him the regarding the region lock on Samsung NoteIII. He could not belive it.

20140201- Visited my friend Babu at AlKhobar . He was planning to buy a Note3. I advised him Not to buy Note3 since it might not work when he go on vacation.to india

20140129- Advised my Pakistani friend no to buy Note3 Since it might not work with his PAK Sim card..

20140119-Successfully managed to persuade a canadian in my office to ditch his plan of buying note3 and he bought iphones for him and his wife. See my horror story.

If your are planning to buy a new Samsung phone, please read.

Just give a warning to people tempted to buy android. Other phones dont have this kind of Automatic Network Lock.

If you Buy the Flagship Android Phone Samsung NoteIII and insert a sim card, You will be automatically locked to that network. It locks the phone without any warning. You will realise this lock only when you try to insert another sim card. I bought this phone and travelled to another country . I tried to use another sim card and the phone will not allow. I am forced to pay roaming fees.

Dear Samsung,

I purchased this phone Samsung Note 3 4G from Danube Hypermarket in Riyad. I was thinking I could use this when I go on vacation. I spent 3 days to fully customise all the settings and loaded all my data onto this phone including Google authenticator. After reaching India, I inserted my new SIM in India hoping I could enjoy the vacation with my note3, but to my surprise It is asking for SIM Network Unlock pin. I paid the full amount in cash hoping the phone is not locked to a provider and I can use any SIM or Network As I Like. SIM or Network Lock was not mentioned anywhere on the package. A quick google search revealed that you will be tied to the Network of the First SIM card you insert till you change your phone. Some people in US managed to unlock it with help of their network provider. Frustrated, I gave this phone to Samsung authorized service center at kattappana, KERALA, INDIA. They demanded 2500 rupees to unlock. Since it is very important, I agreed to it. They reset my phone to factory settings. and tried many things. Even after wasting my full day and losing all my settings and data, they could not unlock it. So even after spending 2199 riyals, this thing is essentially a paper weight. I never expected a Microsoft like attitude from you. Please fire that cr*p head who advised you to install such a lock on the Phone.

The Samsung India online customer care is also c*ap. They are saying it is a 4G phone and India’s 3G network is not compatible. When they escalated the issue to the next level, they are saying they cannot help me because this phone is not made in india. Its Hardware and software are from some alien country so they cannot fix it.

I will not again repeat this mistake of buying a samsung phone. but

please send me the network unlock pin for this one .

The imie number is 35750xxxx241973

The Sim currently working is 00966509337689 prepaid SIM from Saudi telecom company (STC)

I am trying to use Airtel Prepaid SIM 00919995398720 from Airtel India.

HOPING FOR A POSITIVE OUTCOME

DOMINIC SIMON

See the reply from Samsung

In response to your query regarding “Warranty Issue” Samsung note (4G), we would like to inform you that Samsung India does not provides the warranty for the warranty for out of India Products.

However, as per the mentioned query regarding "Country Lock" in your Samsung mobile model GT-P9005, we would like to inform you that every country has different power technology. India worked on AC power technology as per hardware manufacture”

What a Bxxl Sh*t

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of electricity jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS