Amazon Prime is Awesome, and Now You Can Gift a Membership

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,884
Points 1,173,260
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:18 AM
The holiday shopping season is here and that means coming up with gift ideas for family and friends. If you're stuck on what to get, you may want to consider an Amazon Prime membership, both for yourself and for someone else. For the first time ever, Amazon is allowing shoppers to give the gift of its Prime service, and there are a couple of reasons why someone might like that sort of thing.

For one, Prime offers instant streaming of over 41,000 movies and TV episodes through Primate Instant Video, along with over 350,000 books to borrow through the Kindle Owners' Lending Library. Secondly, Prime members receive unlimited free two-day shipping on over 15 million items.

Amazon Prime

"Members have told us they want to give the gift of Prime and we are delighted to offer this new capability in time for the holidays," said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon Prime. "Our customers can now give the convenience of unlimited two-day shipping to family and friends - it's a gift that can be enjoyed all year long. When you add in the huge selection of popular movies, TV shows and Kindle books already included in the membership, giving Prime is giving a year’s worth of convenience AND entertainment."

An annual membership runs $79. If you're purchasing as a gift, head over to www.amazon.com/giftprime and fill in the requested info (recipient's email address and desired delivery date).
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,544
Points 54,480
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:55 AM

I have to admit, I was skeptical and never considered Prime until I started needing a few things in a hurry and was tired of paying big up-charges for fast/overnight delivery. It really is a pretty great service over all.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,215
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 3:50 PM

I have to agree with you on this one Dave. I use Prime, and I like the speed that things get here. I haven't tried the movies yet.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,544
Points 54,480
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 12:53 PM

I have to check out the movies too. I spend way too much on On-Demand cable movies.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS