Ambidextrous OysterMouse Claims To Fit Your Hand Ergonomically, Righty or Lefty

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,208
Points 1,187,070
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Nov 2 2013 12:39 PM
The technology landscape has shifted dramatically, even in the past decade. Innovation seems to be impacting nearly every corner of the space, yet there are still a couple of products that have not changed much over the years. Toasters, USB cords, and mice to name a few. The OysterMouse hopes to change that, shipping in two sizes and claiming to be a true ambidextrous device. It's available in wired and wireless forms, and has the ability to be positioned from 20 degrees to 60 degrees.

While plenty of ergonomic mice exist, there's something to be said about a design that's meant to be cradled within the ball of your hand. It's a natural position, which should require little to no awkwardness to operate. We aren't sure there are too many switch-hitting mouse users, but if that's you, it can be snagged right now for around $100.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 760

Interesting concept, if a bit expensive. That video is a terrible pitch though.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,599
Points 54,995
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 6:55 PM

Agreed, the video demo is less than slick but I really like the design.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

The design is utterly Ridiculous!

The way your arm hangs at your side, and the way it naturally lays on a horizontal flat surface (desk) have nothing to do with each other.

Ridiculous!

Who sits at a desk with their hands in a relaxed position and winds up with them in a vertical position? No One does, that's who.

Ridiculous! When I place my hands on the desk and relax all the muscles, my hands rest palm down on the desk naturally.

Ridiculous is all I got to say, Ridiculous.

Just trying to sell you something you don't need, for a Ridiculous amount of money.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,659
Points 104,155
MembershipAdministrator

You just won the 5-R award!

I don't like the mouse either.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I work for a good size company in the Bay Area and we have four ergonomic mice options too choose from (Evoluent, Handshoe, Microsoft and Logitech. They just brought in this OysterMouse and I love it.

This lady seems to be right on, but it's a bit long of a presentation. As for Mr. Rhoads, you seem a bit more of a blowhard and a little less technical. Maybe you you should payed more attention in school. Here is a nice picture from the Evoluent site that shows what happens when you twist your arm, as you would laying your hand on a table: http://www.evoluent.com/vm4l.htm

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS