AMD Radeon R7 260X, R9 270X, and R9 280X Tested

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,922
Points 1,118,060
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Oct 8 2013 12:22 AM
AMD Radeon R7 260X, R9 270X, and R9 280X TestedA ton of AMD related news hit over the last couple of weeks, thanks in no small part to a multi-day event AMD held in Honolulu, Hawaii the company held to showcase all of its upcoming GPU technology. GPU14 Tech Day, as AMD called it, began with a quick talk from AMD’s Corporate Vice President, Visual Computing Division Raja Koduri at Diamond Head state monument, in which Mr. Koduri dismissed much of the recent doom and gloom—directed at both AMD and the PC market in general—and claimed AMD was poised for a comeback in his opinion. He also said it was his goal to better intermingle AMD’s hardware and software development teams to ultimately improve the company’s products, both in terms of performance and user experience.

But Koduri’s early talk was just a precursor to much bigger news that broke at the event. During a live webcast, a number of AMD execs and partners were brought out on stage to reveal a myriad of new products and technologies, including the three graphics cards we’ll be showing you here, the Radeon R9 280X, the Radeon R9 270X, and Radeon R7 260X...

AMD Radeon R7 260X, R9 270X, and R9 280X Tested

• | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 70

Great article, good to hear that power draw is a little lower on the 280x.

No BF4 beta benchmarks ?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,483
Points 53,970
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 9:11 AM

It's hard enough to get consistent data from BF for benchmarking, much less the beta. :) That said, we'll be looking at BF4 for future testing since obviously the engine is gorgeous and the game is very popular.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Meh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,446
Points 102,230
MembershipAdministrator

Good review Marco, I like that they're trying to offer these cards for a little less money. I hope that it affects GPU prices overall.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65
JeffGreen replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:11 AM

It's too bad that there is some negative hype with the 290x being delayed. From what I can tell, none of it is true (at least as of 10/13 on AMD's twitter). I've always owned Nvidia cards but am glad that there's a healthy competition between the two.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
CalPalJr replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:09 AM

This is great. I really think that this can change what people think of console gaming to pc gaming/ being on a pc in general. I have some friends who dont want to "convert" to PC gaming, mainly because of the high price range. Especailly for GPU's. These are not only gonna change the Gpu market (credit to realneil for that), but the console and PC market in general. Rock on PC!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Sihtric replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:23 AM

Minor delays are fine as long as they ensure a quality product on release - much rather have an extra wait than to shell out the bucks and have to wait for driver updates to use it

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 570

Great article, waiting for the rest of the cards to be tested ;)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS