Facebook Says I ain't Free(Jet)

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013 10:54 AM

So the other day, I got my Face in a Book, right?  Then, I go read a newspaper and come back and...:

Wait a minute.  I was just over there a second ago.  They forgot who I was that quick?  Don't tell me I'm not me!  Yeah, I think I will "continue":

A phone number?  Only E.T. gets to use my phone and he only gets to call his house to get a ride.  Clearly "I need help":

Oh, they got to be kidding.  HAL 9000 opened the pod bay doors in 2001: A Space Odyssey for less info than this.  I'll go ahead and send them my ID but I'm gonna mask it so much that it would look worse than a name tag at a hacker convention sponsored by the NSA.

Update:  5 days later and I'm still waiting for verification.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,622
Points 55,190
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:14 PM

FJ, buddy... you sure that wasn't some phishing scam?

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:17 PM

Don't let them set the hook dude!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:25 PM

Well if it's a phishing scam, they managed to phish me right out of a Facebook page because I can't log-in no matter what I try.  I Googled around and other folks have had the same issue in the past...and some said they couldn't log back in for weeks and even months until it got sorted out.  Yikes!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 6:52 PM

I finally bit the bullet and put a cell phone number in there, got a text message with a confirmation number, plugged it in and BOOM, I'm back in business.  But I used someone else's cell phone because I actually don't own one anymore.  And I probably won't ever miss having a cell phone either...unless I need to call triple-A because my car broke down in the middle of the Mojave desert because I ran out of gas running from the NSA because they finally figured out who I really am from finger prints lifted off my name tag at the hacker's convention Big Smile

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:19 PM

Glad you're up and running again.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS