Grand Theft Auto V Set to Light Up Consoles Next Week, New Screen Shots

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,111
Points 1,184,085
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:03 AM
The biggest, most expansive installment of the hugely popular Grand Theft Auto series is set to debut next week on September 17th, 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game consoles. This is easily one of the most highly anticipated titles of the year and could end up being the biggest entertainment launch of 2013. One of the numbers floating around the web is $292 million, which is how much Grand Theft Auto V is estimated to have cost to build and market.

In anticipation of the upcoming launch, developer Rockstar Games released a bunch of new screenshots. Since the game was announced last year, Rockstar Games has been trickling out teasers in the form of screenshots, trailers, and blog posts. The strategy built up tremendous hype for the title, though a recent leak of some key game assets was a bit of a buzz kill for Rockstar Games.

Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot

Nevertheless, expect long lines at places like GameStop, Best Buy, and Walmart that are conducting midnight launches of the game, at least for those who opted for a physical copy of GTA V. And if you're a business owner, don't be surprised if there's a supposed flu bug going around on Tuesday as employees call in "sick."

GTA V features open-world game play in and around the fictional city of Los Santos (think Los Angeles). You'll be able to cycle through various professional criminals, each with their own story to weave through. There's also a new multiplayer option in the form of GTA Online.

Unfortunately, there's still no word on when GTA V will be available for PC.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Points 905

I'll wait for the steam version. Hopefully Rockstar has learned how to code games for PC by now.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 2,015
Johnny3D replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:44 AM

I'll be picking up the Xbox 360 version, then later the PC version.

NickModrowski: Har har... I guess you didn't know that almost every single version of GTA has been coded for PC. Or maybe you did and just have your knickers in a twist that they didn't change their usual release setup which has been to release it on console, then later release the PC version?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

might as well wait for the PS4 versions

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 616
Points 5,535
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 2:25 PM

I'm sure he's referring to the fact that previous GTA releases on the PC have been largely unimpressive in terms of optimizations. GTA IV at launch was -horrible-... if felt like playing the most graphically-impressive game on the market, and then it look like GTA IV...

We're just suckers for putting up with it. If my 360 didn't RRoD a few months ago, I'd probably pick it up for that console, and will definitely pick it up for PC whenever that drops. Rockstar hates the PC, that much is clear... it just happens to have the benefit of making us forget about it by releasing epic games.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

ughhh.... PC PLEASE!!!

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Points 905

@johnny3d, RWilliams hit the nail on the head. basically, from what i've read, that's why we haven't seen Red Dead Redemption come to PC, because the way the coding was written would turn out so poorly on PC, that it would be pointless. Rockstar just hasn't done very well in regards to making titles that easily convert from console to PC and vice versa.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS