Android Refined: Moto X Smartphone Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,106
Points 1,183,745
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:21 PM
Now owned by Google, Motorola Mobility is conjoined with one of the world's most innovative companies. And, as it happens, it's the company that makes the world's most prolific mobile operating system: Android. Google promised long ago to not play favorites with Motorola, and the Moto X is proof of that. It's not exactly a Nexus phone, but it's one of the most bloatware-free OEM models to ship without the Nexus logo. In other words, fans of the stock Android experience will find plenty to enjoy here.

The raw specifications of the Moto X leave a little bit to be desired. A lot of the pre-launch hype pegged the Moto X as a true iPhone killer -- a phone with cutting-edge internals, a host of new sensors, and new functionality that no other Android phone could match. Now that it's out, the truth is a little different. It's a high-end device, but not perhaps not the top echelon. On paper, it's not the most powerful Android phone you can buy, but as we learned in our testing, that's beside the point.

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Love, love, love your carrying velocity of swallow example! Ha ha. Loved the movie.

Have the Motorola Photon and am anxious to get this Moto X when it comes to Sprint.

Thanks for good review

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,905
MembershipAdministrator

Good review Ray!

Maybe the lack of bloatware on the phone is what helped it to turn in such good graphics scores.

It does look like a heck of a nice phone.

The only deal beaker for me is the lack of a Sim Card storage slot.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,564
Points 54,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:45 PM

Glad you liked it Duff! I worked up the video and I couldn't resist asking Google Now that question, just to see if it would get it right. ;)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 60
Kite-G replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 9:23 PM

This would've been the ideal device for me if it wasn't so pricey. the price off contract is not so far from other devices that have better specs. then again, this device has good software. and i do know its not Motorola's fault since they need to make money off somewhere, but this phone doesn't give much reasons to purchase over others, except maybe the color options, and the software.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,564
Points 54,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:27 PM

Kite-G:

This would've been the ideal device for me if it wasn't so pricey. the price off contract is not so far from other devices that have better specs. then again, this device has good software. and i do know its not Motorola's fault since they need to make money off somewhere, but this phone doesn't give much reasons to purchase over others, except maybe the color options, and the software.

They just announced a price cut to $99 on contract though. :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS