Nokia Lumia 1020 Video and Photo Shoot Preview

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,491
Points 1,196,575
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:02 AM
Nokia, perhaps more-so than any other smartphone manufacturer in the game right now, needed to find a way to make something special. The new Nokia Lumia 1020, though it sports essentially the same internals and display as Nokia's Lumia 920, most definitely is different, and perhaps even a very attractive alternative, depending on your specific needs.

41 megapixels of resolution, floating image stabilization and a powerful camera app to back it up, will make the Lumia 1020 pretty "special" to a lot of people, some of whom might be considering a Windows Phone for the first time as a result.  We're quickly working up a detailed review on Nokia's new Lumia 1020 but wanted to give you our initial impressions of the device and its camera performance, here in this quick-take preview.

• | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Thats one crazy camera on a mobile app. Though I still can't see myself getting a Windows Phone. I still think android has the best os.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,363
Points 48,690
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:53 AM

Having used all three (current) major smartphone platforms, I actually think Windows Phone is arguably the best OS, but the ecosystem can't compare to Android or iOS just yet.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 431
Points 3,295

Glad to see how Nokia is stepping up in the world today compared to the its old days. Great Review Hot-Hardware!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 1:52 PM

That is a crazy camera for a phone, but I don't see that attracting many converts. @Marco, I agree, Windows OS is excellent, but the limited market for apps is discouraging.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

I think there are more than enough apps on Windows Phone. When I started with an HTC Mozart (right in the beginning of WP) the market was really a little bit low, but there were a lot of important apps.

With WP8 I actually don't miss anything, there are all the apps I need and the OS runs smoother with a 1,5GHz Dual Core (Samsung Ativ S), than Android does with a 1,9GHz Quadcore (Galaxy S4).

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 579
Points 4,720
RiCoFrost replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:27 PM

I do agree the windows os is by far the best, the apps will come. I read somewhere once Windows Phone hits 15% market share it will have mass acceptance and then boom from there.

Not Ranked
Posts 71
Points 580
Jun replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:38 AM

I read somewhere that 4.5" screens were the perfect size for the human hand. Too bad it wont fit in my skinny jeans :p

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,651
Points 55,390
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:00 AM

Jun:

I read somewhere that 4.5" screens were the perfect size for the human hand. Too bad it wont fit in my skinny jeans :p

Haha!  I don't have that issue, Jun.  Wink

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

I find it myself, that this Nokia flagship device really have better resolution that makes it photography even more sophisticated like any other high resolution camera. This mobile alone can be use for photography.

"works for Amanda Barker Portrait, check us at http://www.amandabarkerphoto.ca/lifestyle-photography.html"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS