Beats Introduces New Studio Headphones: Ships In August For $300

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,406
Points 1,192,765
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:43 PM
The headphone world is a lot like the tablet world: there's lots of watered-down, low-cost, low-quality options. And frankly, cutting through the noise is tough for companies. Apple and a small handful of others have done so in the tablet realm, but what about headphones? There's one name that's soaring above all others these days, and that's Beats Electronics.

The famed audio brand has just introduced the new Beats Studio. These cans have been redesigned and tweaked in myriad ways. Each pair of Studio headphones is precisely tuned with new custom digital software called the Beats Acoustic Engine (BAE), and the new design features lighter materials, increased strength, improved flexibility and an acute attention to detail. There are no visible screws. There are no straight lines. The new design also features an ergonomic adjustment mechanism around the ear cups that enables them to adjust to the head without restriction via a single floating pivot.

The new Beats Studio features adaptive noise cancellation (ANC), which switches between two modes. In music mode, sound quality and noise cancellation are perfectly balanced to deliver a premium listening experience. When unplugged, the headphone provides a more aggressive noise reduction experience. All of the materials – from the ear cups to the headband – work in concert to isolate sound and improve the acoustics of the new Studio. Best of all? It uses a rechargeable battery, so no more toting around AAAs on the road.

The new Studio retails for $299.95 and will be widely available beginning in August.
  • | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 100

Yes a new redesign beats studio.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Points 495
zybch replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:22 PM

They need to redesign the quality of the audio that these PoSs produce. They really are woeful of you want to do anything but listen to hiphop crap.

But they've tapped into the apple style over substance thing and obviously see no need to actually make a good product instead of just something that some idiots think is good.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Points 9,645
sevags replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:52 PM

Zybch; hit the nail right on the sweet spot.

Beats are just over-hyped underperforming over-priced headphones that have only succeeded through great marketing..... sounds a lot like Bose to me!!! Their tactics are that of Bose and Apple along with celebrity endorcements. Anyone who actually cares if their music sounds good should stay away from Beats all together with their low quality build, and artificially enhanced bass and sound. Also this redesign is nothing more than for physical looks and the new battery system, there is absolutely no mention of any new or updated drivers. But why produce better sound when better marketing moves more products.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:08 PM

Yep i was thinking the same thing. YAY for ridiculously overpriced head phones with way to much bass and what is basically an overpriced EQ that i could probably do myself if wanted too( i dont think my sarcasm came thru well enough(sarcasm for my sarcasm))!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:30 AM

sevags:

Zybch; hit the nail right on the sweet spot.

Beats are just over-hyped underperforming over-priced headphones that have only succeeded through great marketing..... sounds a lot like Bose to me!!! Their tactics are that of Bose and Apple along with celebrity endorcements. Anyone who actually cares if their music sounds good should stay away from Beats all together with their low quality build, and artificially enhanced bass and sound. Also this redesign is nothing more than for physical looks and the new battery system, there is absolutely no mention of any new or updated drivers. But why produce better sound when better marketing moves more products.

Yep, pretty much like Kayne West selling plain white T's for $120 that has his name stamped on the inside of the collar. I wish I had the pull to do something like that. 

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Points 9,645
sevags replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 10:10 AM

Clixxer; maybe kanye will follow Hanes lead and offer a 4'pack for the price of 3 LOLLLL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,917
Points 24,670
digitaldd replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:32 AM

I have a pair of sub $25 monoprice Dj style headphone that sound way better than any Beats headphones I've ever listened to.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 3:47 PM

sevags:

Clixxer; maybe kanye will follow Hanes lead and offer a 4'pack for the price of 3 LOLLLL

Dude thats a damn good idea! Wanna be a millionaire for a short time before Kanye sues us for using his idea. Granted our shirts will be sharpied in saying Kanye not printed :P

Oh and monoprice is one of the best sites ever.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS