Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 'Rip & Flip' Convertible Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,696
Points 1,157,125
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:45 PM

Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 'Rip & Flip' Convertible ReviewAt CES, Lenovo revealed its ThinkPad Helix which it marketed as having a "groundbreaking 'rip and flip' design" that enables this 11.6-inch ultrabook to transform into a powerful Windows 8 tablet. When detached, Lenovo claims the Helix is the thinnest full-function Intel 3rd generation Core processor-based tablet with vPro support.

The ThinkPad Helix lets you work in four different modes: laptop, tablet, stand, and tablet+. When attached to the Enhanced Keyboard Dock in laptop mode, you’ll also get additional battery life and additional ports as well as Lenovo’s ThinkPad Precision keyboard, a five button trackpad that supports Windows 8 features, and TrackPoint mouse...

Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 'Rip & Flip' Convertible Review

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:57 AM

hmmmm to expensive. I meant that tablet battery life is terrible. Why would i want to even use it in that mode if it can barely last 2 hours. Thats not convenient at all. I understand its a full ultrabook in a tablet mode but thats just not enough. I like that they used the idea of asus though and made the dock contain extra battery and ports and stuff since its supposed to be an ultrabook anyways.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I don't think you realize that their test is meant to rip the battery a new one. That's an EXTREMELY impressive score for a tablet. Not many tech sites use this benchmark.

Straight from a review: Battery Eater Pro is an application that exists solely for the purpose of making life hell for your portable computer's battery. Rather than giving you a best case scenario prediction of the battery life in your notebook, Battery Eater Pro uses every power-hungry option to try to drain your battery as fast as possible. This is in many ways a better benchmark, since it's consistently repeatable, and lets you know what you can expect under the worst conditions

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 800
Shadizzle replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:38 AM

Pretty expensive, but def. a nice device.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS