Digital Storm VIRTUE: Intel Haswell-Powered Gaming PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,896
Points 1,174,460
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:55 AM

Digital Storm VIRTUE: Intel Haswell-Powered Gaming PCThe Intel Haswell-based gaming rigs keep coming. Digital Storm sent us a mid tower gaming machine dubbed the Digital Storm VIRTUE Level 3, which boasts some hot, next-gen components wrapped inside a stoic, unadorned chassis--rather like the CyberPowerPC Xtreme Gamer 5200 we just looked at.

Digital Storm says that the VIRTUE was an effort to create a mid tower-sized option that evinced the same care and attention typically devoted to the bigger, showier gaming rigs we're used to seeing. The Digital Storm VIRTUE is powered by a factory-overclocked Intel Core i7-4770K processor and is paired to an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) GPU. There's also 16GB of DDR3-1600MHz memory in the system, plus a 120GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD and a 1TB WD Caviar Black (7200 RPM) storage drive, along with an ASUS Blu-ray player/DVD writer.

In addition to the factory CPU overclock, Digital Storm says that each system undergoes 72 hours of stress testing and benchmarking before it ships. Customers get a 3-year limited warranty, as well as lifetime tech support.

Let's take a closer look...

Digital Storm VIRTUE: Intel Haswell-Powered Gaming PC

• | Post Points: 170
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

That optical drive looks COMPLETELY out of place there...

I haven't used my optical drive in almost a year for anything whatsoever.

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 82
Points 635

With that hardware and service I'm guess its ridiculously expensive!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35

The build seems really solid, even has a blu-ray player. My only quarrel is the aesthetics of the optical drive don't quite match the sleek/shiny aesthetics of the case. Other then that, It looks really nice

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 125
saturn97 replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:23 PM

Wow, digital storm always impresses me

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

digital storm builds are really solid.. if you are willing to spend a lot of money then go for digital storm

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 195

pretty nice over all tho that op drive is ugly

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20
nickhshea replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:52 AM

It really is out of place and ugly. Inner beauty is what counts and that machine is got that part down for sure.

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 200

yeah i agreed with the other guys that op drive there look way out of place, just look at it

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
TotheMax replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:17 AM

Cannot wait to be able to afford a Haswell!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35

Really awsome choice on the H100i Liquid Cooler. Amazing cooling with that piece of tech!

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 200

I've looked at their lines of desktops and laptops, leaning towards their laptops since I don't know how to build those, and I must say that I'm impressed most of the time. It's certainly more money than I'll ever spend, but a guy can dream. The optical drive does take away from the overall feel of the case. Out of 5, it wouldn't be too much, but out of 10, that discrepancy in the flow of the outer appearance of the case is easily at least a point. Current-gen everything in the case is nice and DS are good builders. The stress testing is nice, and I must say that my friends that have purchased both desktops and laptops from them have been impressed. Still... I prefer their full tower lines. 

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 : AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3Ghz : Corsair XMS 32GB @ 1600Mhz : 2-way SLI EVGA SC 4GB 670 : CM HAF 932 Blue Full Tower : Assorted HDD and SSD : FANS and MOAR FANS

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

i love this case, clean, sleak, sexy. looks like great airflow aswell

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Points 770
nfs3freak replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:33 PM

That case...holy cow. That's beautiful. DigitalStorm and iBuyPower have been really drawing me in. Thing is, I build my own PCs so I don't see the need for a custom build pc from a company...one of these days, I may decide to recommend them or something if I'm too lazy to do so myself.

PSN: d367ruc70

Steam/Origin: d367ruc70

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS