14nm Intel Skylake To Integrate PCIe 4.0, SATA Express, and DDR4 Memory

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,163
Points 1,185,515
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jul 4 2013 12:19 PM
Intel’s Skylake processors won’t launch for some time (the company still needs to release Broadwell at some point, which won’t be out until sometime next year at the earliest), but according to a leaked roadmap slide, we can see some juicy details about Skylake.

The chips will be built on Intel's 14nm process node (which we’ll see first on Haswell-E processors), and they’ll also feature AVX 3.2. DDR4 support will be included, as well as support for PCIe 4.0, and Intel’s HD graphics will hit version 9 with reportedly significantly more robust performance.

Intel Skylake roadmap with DDR4, PCIe-4.0, 14nm

DDR4 memory will be out later this year and will offer far more density per module, twice the data rates, and less voltage than DDR3; PCIe 4.0 promises double the interconnect performance bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 and offer a bit rate of 16GT/s, and SATA Express will be on board, as well.
  • | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 15

Mr'John ahh :3

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

:3 DDR4 ya za**abi

Not Ranked
Posts 71
Points 580
Jun replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:29 PM

Aww I thought this 14nm thing was happening soon but its 2 years from now. Well I'm broke now so by the time I can build a new computer is when its out.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 250
EzHunt replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:11 PM

Maybe by then they can make motherboards that have 2 16x slots instead of 8x or 4x0 all you need is 2 16x slots for sli or suck cf- jam the others up your butts- ops you would like that too much- never mind...- as hard as you try and kill off pc gaming why bother and sell us mobos with more than 1 vid card- why try and sell us extra powerful pc hardware to start with- you do all you can to ruin pc gaming- why should we spend the big bucks for it- I sure as hell will never buy a console. General users for office etc do not need the extra power- you dumb ass tards shoot yourself in the foot trying to ruin pc gaming- you are ignorant...

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

This is the nice graphing thank you so much.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS