Shortcuts

AMD announces a 5GHz microprocessor

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
emboar98 Posted: Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:40 AM

AMD made the announcement at E3, one of the premier gaming conferences.

The new eight-core 5GHz FX-9590 and 4.7GHz FX-9370 feature AMD’s latest “Piledriver” architecture, which was designed to allow higher clock speeds. They also come “unlocked,” which means that end users are free to push their clock speeds and voltage levels even higher. but with the risk that the chips may overheat.

These 8-core CPUs deliver new levels of gaming and multimedia performance for desktop enthusiasts. AMD FX-9000 Series CPUs will be available initially in PCs through system integrators.Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.  

AMD was first to market with a 1GHz chip, the Athlon, which which it released in 2000 just days ahead of Intel’s own 1GHz Pentium III. At the time, breaking the 1GHz tape first was a triumph for AMD, locked in a head-to-head battle for dominance in the PC microprocessor market.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 100

I really wish these were more affordable. I was hoping they would be a decent alternative to intel's high end i7's, but at $1,000 you might as well get a 6-core i7. :(

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
bobo_bmf replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 4:05 AM

with a 220 TDP ......good luck cheping it cool     :))):)):

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS