Microsoft Prices Xbox One At $499, Pre-Orders Are Open Now

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,689
Points 1,156,355
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:13 PM
The (brief) wait is over: for those wondering just how pricey Microsoft's Xbox One console would be, the company revealed the nitty-gritty details today at E3. Every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console — which features a 500GB hard drive,1 Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launch bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets.

Xbox is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans that reserve the system at major retailers. Reserving the commemorative bundle guarantees that you will be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement. The commemorative bundle will be available in limited quantities and while supplies last, for $499.99, €499 (EUR) or £429 (GBP).

To reserve your Xbox One system today, and for the full list of launch countries and prices, visit http://www.xbox.com for participating retailers. Gotta say, though, that's a pretty high entry price. Is this the new normal?
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 982
Points 9,080
sevags replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:21 PM

Definitely th new normal. It does make a lot of sense and though it's high for entry leaving many young kids out of th loop for a while it is still online with what adults expect to pay. Even an Xbox 360 with 250gb HD and Kinect runs $400.... So for $100 more you get a massively upgraded console, upgraded kinect 2, double the HD space, new controller, and a Bluray player (though this feature is completely useless for people like me who will never stick a BD movie in the drive and might even download all the content I purchase making any sort of disc drive just an added wasted cost).

So in the end comparing to the current generation it really isn't that expensive...

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 110
kyfho23 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:23 PM

By my off the top of my head converions, the Brits are really getting screwed.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 110
kyfho23 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:28 PM

Something tells me there will be an SSD model before long. Probably in the 128 GB/ $600-$650 range.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,081
Points 38,055
acarzt replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:24 AM

Ordered :-)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:50 PM

Not necessarily, the added feature of Kinect 2 which with the original XBOX added 150$ brings the cost down to the competitive range of the PS4.

Ever since the Playstation Move or whatever it was called failed, microsoft has had a distinct advantage. They have however lost traction with serious gamers who want more power and less show.

In a way PS4 appeals to heavy Gamers while the Xbox One appeals to a younger Crowd. with its higher price point that be a poor combination from Microsoft.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS