Turtle Beach Producing Headsets For Xbox One

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,525
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, May 24 2013 10:00 PM
Microsoft's Xbox One is set to ship at some point this year, and we all know what that means: accessories and peripherals galore. Turtle Beach, a known name in the audio sector, has confirmed that it'll be amongst the first third-party companies to reveal accessories to suit the next-gen console. The Ear Force X12 is already the best-selling third-party headset, so there's no surprise in the announcement -- clearly, Microsoft needs Turtle Beach producing Xbox One-compatible peripherals.

"In Turtle Beach we have a partner that can help Microsoft deliver world class gaming audio experiences to our customers," said Branden Powell Director of Strategic Alliances Xbox Hardware Group. "Turtle Beach has consistently innovated in wireless, surround sound, and other features and we are looking forward to working with them." "Turtle Beach is dedicated to creating audio products that improve players overall game experience," said Bob Picunko, Chief Marketing Officer at Turtle Beach. "We are very excited about the opportunity to work with the XBOX team to develop new products that support the advanced XBOX platform.

Exact pricing is expected as the console gets closer to launch.
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 115

What did you expect lol? Is this really that news worthy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

Turtle beach headsets are horrible... I walked into a store that had them on display so that you could test the sound quality of the different heasets and tried them all on.

First off, I could barely tell the difference between the high and mid range ones, even though there was big signs saying "Superior sound quality" on the highest priced ones, and the price was outrageous...

I have a 40 dollar cruddy headset and it sounds better than those turtle beach ones.

Hopefully the ones they make for the One will be better than those for the 360, and I hope they aren't priced so outlandishly. I can still see them making bucketloads of money though, after all, their target audience (Or the majority of buyers) are young people too wrapped up in the yearly COD releases to pay attention to how they spend their money, or have any idea what quality control is... Its a shame.

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS