ASUS’ Z87 Motherboards Break Cover, Sort Of

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,185,970
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, May 16 2013 4:33 PM
Although there are still details such as specifications and pricing being kept under wraps, ASUS has announced its line of Intel Z87-based motherboards--many of which are sporting the new gold-and-black color scheme. There are a lot of them.

The main group of consumer-level boards includes the Z87 Deluxe, Z87 A, Z87 Pro, Z87 Plus, and even a mini ITX board called the Z87I-Deluxe, and there’s a workstation and professional design and content creation mainboard called the Z87 WS.

ASUS Z87
ASUS Z87 WS

ASUS has stuck with its Republic of Gamers (ROG) line of motherboards, which maintains the old red-and-black look. The line includes the flagship Maximus VI Extreme, which includes a newly-designed OC panel; the Maximus VI Hero, which offers gamers an ROG-branded board at a lower price point; and the Maximus VI Gene micro ATX board with an mPCIe Combo II with M.2 support.

ASUS Z87
L to R: Z87 Deluxe, Maximus VI Hero, Gryphon Z87

There are two TUF motherboards in this go-around, the Sabertooth Z87 and the micro-ATX Gryphon Z87. The former comes replete with all the Thermal Armor, Thermal Radar, and other cooling capabilities we’ve seen in the past, while the latter comes comparatively naked, with the option of adding pieces with the Gryphon Armor Kit.

The whole schmeer will be available in the middle of this year.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Fri, May 17 2013 9:43 AM

I'm really diggin this new golden Black look I think it adds a lot of class Asus's motherboards. It reminds me a lot of their Zen books. A product I always admired.

good news sticking with the red and black layout for the Republic of Gamers addition those are classy motherboards.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

I really, REALLY hate the old different colored blue motherboards. It just looks really tacky and cheap to me, even with a higher end board.

It's nice to see actual color schemes now instead of the old cruddy colors. It makes me actually want to buy one.

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 590

I have this z87 sabertooth just sitting there NIB, waiting to get a 4770 or 4770K, I cant wait ;)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 15
Elsa123 replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 2:24 AM

I want 4770k,I have know it a lot~~~:)

Here nice dresses for u

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

ASUS has stuck with its Republic of Gamers (ROG) line of motherboards, which maintains the old red-and-black look. The line includes the flagship Maximus VI Extreme, which includes a newly-designed OC panel; the Maximus VI Hero, which offers gamers an ROG-branded board at a lower price point; and the Maximus VI Gene micro ATX board with an mPCIe Combo II with M.2 support.

I totally agree with it , how about this one.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS