Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,805
Points 1,164,215
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 13 2013 2:04 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 ReviewThe Galaxy Note 8.0 was first introduced at Mobile World Congress as a multifaceted device; it was part tablet, part mobile phone. Indeed, the global variant of the Note 8.0 is equipped with a cellular radio that can handle both data and voice transmission. But the Note 8.0 that shipped in the U.S. market is a simpler device, mostly because there's no voice capability--it's just a tablet. Well, "just" is a complicated term in this case. You see, the Note 8.0 is one of the only 8-inch tablets on the market. It's positioned between a glut of 7-inch tablets (including a few from Samsung itself), and a raft of 10-inch tablets. And the Note 8 offers a number of other features, like Samsung S Pen stylus and AirView, unavailable anywhere else...

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review

• | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Mon, May 13 2013 2:20 PM

Typo on first page: 18-inch Touch-Enabled Display.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,540
Points 54,445
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Mon, May 13 2013 2:26 PM

What? Where? ;-) Thx!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

@razvanlost: The price is comparable to others I've seen on Amazon, (there are a plethora of keyboards & cases for the Note 8.0). If you don't have a laptop, then having a keyboard is a great addition. There are also some keyboards that are detachable from the case as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I live in Thailand and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 a week ago because for me the stylus is something I will get a lot of use and benefit out of, but:

1. I am now on my 5th Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 in a week with all of them exhibiting a manufacturing QC fault of a portion of the screen being non-reactive to the stylus unless it is pressed quite hard against the glass.

2. The Samsung Thailand website has no English language content at all, not even contact details

3. The packaging and warranty registration cards provided with the product are entirely in Thai language

4. There is a phone number for a call centre on the warranty card but the greeting and instructions are entirely in Thai and selecting numbers at random merely gets you to a Thai speaking agent who promptly returns the call to the queue as soon as they hear English language

On the plus side the hand writing recognition is extremely good, the processor fast, and the tablet a nice size for taking everywhere.

If not for the unresponsive section of screen and soft keys for return and backspace requiring additional screen pressure to activate I would be delighted with the product, but five out of five units all having the same problem and not being able to communicate with the company at all indicates to me that Samsung is being extremely brave pitching the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 at a price point equal to an IPad mini here.

If my money isn't as good as a Thai persons money and Samsung can't provide even English language contact details I'll stay with the Japanese and American manufacturers who don't discriminate and provide dual language warranty details and websites.

My fifth Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will be returned to the store for refund today and I'll wait for someone to bring out a better stylus-equipped 8-inch tablet.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 55
seuli replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 3:11 PM

originally, anybody want to buy a note . Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is the best quality product but now a days it review bad effect on this people. Tablet is better than it. Anyone can to buy a tablet anytime.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS